Video Contact Center Configuration
Applicable to UC System Release 9.0(1)
This page provides configuration information for Cisco Finesse (Finesse) server deployments in a contact center solution environment. The intended audience should be able to perform system-level configuration of Cisco Unified Communications components and deployments and be familiar with the Cisco Unified Communications family of products. TIP: Use Finesse as a keyword to search for related test cases in System Test Results for Contact Center.
The configuration information is based primarily on system testing performed in Contact Center Solution test environment during Cisco Unified Communications system releases.
This topic does not contain detailed step-by-step procedures; for detailed information on installing, configuring, and administering Finesse refer to the Cisco Finesse Installation and Getting Started Guide Release 9.0(1) and the User Guide for the Cisco Finesse Administration and Serviceability Consoles Release 9.0(1) in the Related Documentation section below.
Cisco Unified Contact Center is part of the Cisco Unified Communications application suite, which delivers intelligent call routing, network-to-desktop computer telephony integration (CTI), and multichannel contact management to contact center agents over an IP network. It combines software IP automatic call distribution (ACD) functions with Cisco Unified Communications in a unified solution that enables companies to rapidly deploy an advanced, distributed contact center infrastructure.
Cisco Unified Contact Center is an integrated suite of products that includes Cisco Unified Intelligent Contact Management (Unified ICM), Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM), Cisco Unified IP Interactive Voice Response (Unified IP IVR), Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal (Unified CVP), Cisco Voice over IP (VoIP) gateways, and Cisco Unified IP Phones. Together these products provide Cisco Unified Communications and contact center solutions with intelligent call routing.
- IE 8.0 only for accessing Finesse server/clients
- 89xx/99xx phones not supported
For information on design considerations and guidelines for deploying Finesse with the Cisco Virtualization Experience Client 6215 (Cisco VXC 6215) see:
For information on specific deployments and sites where system testing was performed, see
The following graphic provides a view of the overall network topology.
The following provides a non-site specific overview of the components deployed in the test bed and that participated in the Finesse environment. Using the Linux-based Unified Communications Operating System (OS) Finesse is installed on a virtual machine as a primary and secondary server. The Finesse servers must be located on the same site as Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (Unified CCE) components as currently Finesse does not support primary and secondary nodes separated over WAN.
Agents can login to the Finesse server either using a laptop/desktop connected directly to the datacenter or remotely using Cisco VXC 6215 and/or VDI 22XX clients over VPN using VMware/Citrix View.
The following features were part of solution testing with Finesse:
- Supplementary services like Answer/Release, Hold/Retrieve, Consult Transfer, Send DTMF and Conference Transfer.
- Finesse High Availability configuration.
- Unified Communications Manager-based Silent Monitoring.
- Capability to change agent desktop from CTI OS to Finesse and vice versa.
- Support for Cisco VXC 6215 and/or VDI 22XX clients over VPN using Citrix/VMware view.
Call Flow Diagram
The following is the basic Finesse call flow:
This section provides the high-level tasks and related information for configuring Finesse.
The following table provides this information:
- Configuration Tasks: List of high-level configuration tasks
- System Test Specifics: System Test variations from procedures and settings documented in product documentation.
- More Information: Links to product documentation for detailed configuration information related to the high-level tasks.
NOTE: Default and recommended values specified in the product documentation were used during system testing, unless otherwise noted in the System Test Specifics column.
Table 1: Finesse Configuration
|Configuration Tasks||System Test Specifics||More Information|
|1. Install Finesse||See|
|2. Configure CTI server||See|
|3. Configure Finesse server||IE 8.0 only for accessing Finesse server/clients||See|
|4. Disable multi-line feature on peripheral gateway phone||89xx/99xx phones not supported||See|
|5. Configure agent password in Unified CCE||See|
- For information on the results obtained from the system testing, see System Test Results for Contact Center.
- For information on configuring the security components, see Security System Configurations.
- For information on the IOS commands used to configure infrastructure components, see Configuration Command Files for Contact Center.
- For information on installing, configuring, and administering Finesse see Cisco Finesse Installation and Getting Started Guide Release 9.0(1) and the User Guide for the Cisco Finesse Administration and Serviceability Consoles Release 9.0(1).