Verify status and start CVP Call Server
The CVP Call Server should be Up. If the call server is Down, or the status is Partial, you must start the call server. Use this procedure to verify the status of the CVP Call Server and, if necessary, to start a call server that is in the stopped condition.
Step 1: Sign into the all-in-one-box server and start the Operations Console.
Step 2: Select System > Control Center.
- The call server status should be Up. If the server status is Down, or if its status is Partial, perform the following steps:
a) Examine the Hostname and IP address.
- If the hostname and IP address is correct, select the server and click Start. Then select Refresh: Every 30 Seconds, and click Go. Wait at least two minutes.
- If the hostname is incorrect, click the server link and make the change, and then click Save & Deploy. :If the IP address is incorrect or if you need to activate select services (ICM, IVR, and SIP should be selected), you must delete this definition and add a correct one using the procedure to set up the call server in the Operations Console.
Note: If you deploy a new server definition with a new hostname for the call server, you must select the VXML Server definition, select the new call server for the Primary Call Server and select Save & Redeploy to save and then redeploy the VXML Server.
b) If the status of the call server is Partial, check the status of the Peripheral Gateway.
c) Verify that the VXML Server status is Up. Perform the following steps:
- If the VXML Server status is Down, examine the Hostname and IP address. If this information is correct, select the server and click Start. Then select Refresh: Every 30 Seconds, and click Go. Wait at least two minutes.
- If you need to change the server definition, click the server link. You can update the Hostname and Primary Call Server selections; however if the IP address is wrong, delete the definition and add one with the proper IP address using the procedure to add the VXML Server to the Operations Console.You must click Save & Deploy to make your changes effective.
Note: If you have to delete the VXML Server definition and add one with a corrected IP address,you must redeploy the customhelloworld voice application.
d) The Gateway status on the Control Center - Network Map will be N/A. To ensure that the ingress gateway is up, click the link for the gateway entry in the table, and on the Edit Gateway Configuration window select IPS Commands > Show Version. The version information for the gateway displays.If you see a Failed to authenticate message, be sure the Username and Passwords fields for the gateway have the correct entries and Save if necessary. If you still cannot reach the gateway, try to telnet or ping the gateway server. You may need to reload the server.