Unified CCE Solution Compatibility Matrix for 11.5(x)
This compatibility matrix specifies all supported configurations and versions for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise 11.5(1). The information in this compatibility matrix supersedes compatibility information in any other Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise documentation. If a configuration or version is not stated, that configuration or version is not supported.
Cisco Unified CCE 11.5(1) Solution
|Central Controller version 11.5(1)|
| Unified CCE|
|Identity Server (IdS)|
1The PG (Peripheral Gateway) and CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) server must be at the same major version as the Central Controller.
2During an upgrade, a Central Controller running at 11.5(1) supports Peripheral Gateways running at 11.0(x) and 10.5(x).
3The Peripheral Gateway must be at an equal or higher maintenance release than the CTI server.
4New Unified CCE 11.5(1) deployments must use Cisco Finesse. Existing deployments that are upgrading to Unified CCE 11.5(1) must upgrade to Finesse. From Unified CCE 11.5(1) going forward, CAD and CTI OS are no longer supported.
5SocialMiner must be at the same version as the Peripheral Gateway. There is no forward or backward compatibility.
6Enterprise Chat and Email (ECE) is supported. Cisco Email Interaction Manager and Web Interaction Manager are no longer supported. To install ECE, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- Starting with version UC 11.0(x), MediaSense connects to Finesse resulting in a compatibility dependency among MediaSense, Unified Communications Manager, and Finesse. For MediaSense compatibility information, see the Cisco MediaSense Compatibilty Matrix.
- For more information on upgrade paths, see the Unified CCE Contact Center Upgrade Flowcharts in the Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Installation and Upgrade Guide.
Cisco Gateway Hardware and Software
|Hardware Model||Software Version||Software Feature Set||Gateway Functionality||MediaSense|| Packaged CCE|
| VXML Gateway|
| Call Progress|
for SIP Trunks
| 15.0(1)M1.2 |
| IPPLUS IP |
|ASR 1000|| IOS XE 3.10|
IOS XE 3.13
|IOS XE 3.16||Universal||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|IOS XE 16.3.3||Universal||No|| Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CSR 1000v||IOS XE 16.3.3||Universal||No|| Yes|| No||Yes|
|ISR G2 29xx, 39xx||15.1(4)M7||Universal||Yes||No||No||No|
|ISR G2 39xxE||15.1(4)M7||Universal||Yes||No||No||No|
| ISR G3 43xx (4321,4331,4351)|
ISR G3 44xx (4431,4451)
|IOS XE 3.13||Universal||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|IOS XE 3.16||Universal||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|IOS XE 16.3.3||Universal||No|| Yes||Yes||Yes|
- All Gateways in the above table support inbound contact center calls and Call Progress Analysis (CPA) for Outbound Option with TDM Trunks.
- For Video Contact Center, IOS 15.3(3)M3 or later version in the same train is required.
- For IPv6-enabled deployments, the supported IOS versions for NAT64 translations are 15.4(2)T3 and later releases.
- Multi-VRF requires IOS XE 16.3.3 to support Hosted Collaboration Solution for Contact Center.
IOS Versioning Key, using 15.1(4)M3 and 15.1(4)T1 as examples:
- 15.1 is the version number.
- (4) is the release number.
- M3 and T1 are the train release numbers. M is the mainline train and T is the technology train.
- An increment in the release number after M or T refers to additional bug fixes.
Unified CVP supports the listed IOS release trains and their later M or T trains respectively. For example, gateways supporting 15.1(4)M3 will also support 15.1(4)M4 and 15.1(4)M7, but not 15.1(4)M1 and 15.1(4)M2.
- Unified CVP supports SHA-256.
Cisco Unified SIP Proxy
Supported Versions: Cisco Unified SIP Proxy 8.5(x), 9.0(x), 9.1(x) and later versions.
Endpoints for Agents and Callers
|Endpoint|| Voice &|
|Video|| RSM |
| Unified CM |
| Finesse IP|
| IPv6 SCCP |
|IPv6 SIP|| Video|
when used as
| Packaged CCE|
C40, C60, C90
MX300 G2, MX700, MX800
SX10, SX20, SX80
DX650, DX70, DX80 (for Android)
|8845, 8865||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|| Yes|
|8841, 8851, 8851NR, 8861||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|| Yes|
7942G, 7945G, 7962G, 7965G, 7975G
7821, 7841, 7861
6921, 6941, 6945, 6961
| Cisco IP Communicator(3)|
| Jabber for Windows|
11.6 and later
| Jabber for Mac|
11.6 and later
|Yes||Yes||Voice only(4)||Voice only(4)||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
| Jabber for VXME|
11.6 and later
|Yes||No||Voice only(4)||Voice only(4)||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
1If your Finesse agents use 89xx or 99xx series phones, you must enable Multi-Line on the Unified Communications Manager for all agents on the peripheral. Configure all phones with these settings:
- Set Maximum number of calls to 2.
- Set Busy trigger to 1.
28811 requires cmterm-devicepack10.5.1.11012.cop.sgn or later applied to CUCM.
3Mobile Agents are not supported with Cisco IP Communicator.
4Not supported in Video Contact Center deployments.
These notes pertain to supported IP phones:
- Only the Cisco IP Phones listed in the above table are supported as contact center agent phones. As an alternative, you can deploy the Mobile Agent solution to enable the contact center to use any phone as an agent phone.
- The Join Across Line (JAL) and Direct Transfer Across Line (DTAL) phone features are not supported and must be disabled on phones that come packaged with these features.
- For any phone that allows Single Line Mode, you can use Shared Line on a non-ACD line. You must have your PG in Single Line Mode (set the Agent Phone Line Control setting to Single Line).
See the Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Design Guide for details, caveats, and features associated with each of these specific phone devices.
Endpoints Supported for Callers Only
Callers outside of the enterprise's network can use the following endpoints as part of Video Contact Center with Jabber Guest:
- Jabber for iOS
- Jabber for Android
- Jabber Guest apps
- Jabber Guest browser client on a multimedia-capable computer with a camera and microphone for video calls
Jabber Guest browser client requirements are described in the Cisco Jabber Guest Server Installation and Configuration Guide.
Video Contact Center Components
The Video Contact Center requires these components:
|MediaSense||11.5(1) and later maintenance releases|
|Telepresence MCU||5310 or 5320|
|Jabber Guest Server||10.6.6.53||Required only for Video Contact Center with Jabber Guest deployments.|
|Expressway Edge and Core||8.7.1-rc-2||Required only for Video Contact Center with Jabber Guest deployments.|
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Mobile and Remote Access
Review the following about Unified Communications Mobile and Remote Access (MRA):
- The connection from the Finesse client back to the Finesse server is over VPN, not over the MRA connection.
- Extension Mobility is not supported on DX series phone over MRA.
- BIB-based features (Agent Greeting, Silent Monitoring and Recording) are not supported with MRA.
- Jabber is not supported with MRA.
- Contact Center video deployments are not supported with MRA.
- In Contact Center Enterprise solutions, the 78xx and 88xx phones (audio only) support MRA.
SSO Identity Providers
Unified CCE supports Microsoft AD FS (Active Directory Federation Services) 2.0, 2.1, or 3.0 in Windows Server 2012 R2 as its identify provider for single sign-on (SSO).
AD FS 3.0 in Windows Server 2012 R2 is the minimum supported version for the Unified Contact Center Management Portal.
Supported Third-Party Software
|Remote Administration||For Remote Desktop usage information, see the "Remote Administration” section in Security Guide for Cisco Unified ICM/Contact Center Enterprise.|
|Unified Intelligence Center reporting||Microsoft Excel Versions 2007 and 2010: used for exporting reports.|
|Virtualization||For more information about virtualization for all UCCE components, go to Unified Communications in a Virtualized Environment wiki page.|
- Windows Server 2012 R2, which is supported from UCCE 11.0(1) onward, comes with pre-installed .NET version 4.5.1. UCCE Administration client installs .NET version 4.0 on Windows 7 and .NET version 4.5.1 on Windows 8.1 system. UCCE 11.5(x) supports .NET version 4.5.2 because .NET 4.5.1 is no longer supported by Microsoft.
- Do not upgrade third-party software bundled with UCCE unless otherwise noted. For more information, see Cisco Customer Contact Software Policy for Use of Third-Party Software.
- Do not upgrade Apache Tomcat on UCCE servers.
Microsoft .Net Framework
Unified CCE Release 11.5(1) upgrades .NET Framework to Version 4.5.2.
Java Runtime Environment
The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version is updated from 1.7 (32 bit) to 1.8 (32 bit) Update 66.
For Unified CVP Release 11.5(1), the JRE version is updated from 1.7 (32 bit) to 1.7 (64 bit).
You can apply newer Java security updates as described in the Security Guide for Cisco Unified ICM/Contact Center Enterprise, Release 11.5(1).
When registering components with Context Service in Unified CCE Administration, Finesse Administration Console, and Unified CVP Operations Console, use a supported version of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Chrome 48 and later
- Firefox 45 Extended Supported Release (ESR) and later ESRs
Browser Compatibility Exceptions
- Internet Explorer Metro Mode and Compatibility View are not supported.
- CCE Administration Client (AW) Setup tool does not support Firefox and Chrome.
- Finesse does not support HTTP Strict Transport with Internet Explorer.
- Cisco Virtualized Voice Browser (VVB) supports IE 11 in compatibility mode.
Microsoft System Software Requirements
|Microsoft System||Software Requirements|
|Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2||Unified ICM/CCE is qualified to only work on a retail installation of the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Standard edition. Cisco does not support Unified ICM/CCE on a customized Windows image (for example, a corporate image). If you use a customized image of the Windows operating system, the Unified ICM/CCE application can fail.|
|Microsoft Windows Active Directory||Cisco Unified CCE and Unified ICM is qualified on Microsoft Windows Active Directory on Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012.|
|Microsoft SQL Server 2014||Standard Edition||
- Administration Client requires Windows 7 (Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate), Windows 8.1 (Professional and Enterprise), Windows 10, or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Internet Script Editor (ISE) requires Windows 7 (Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate), Windows 8.1 (Professional and Enterprise), or Windows 10 (Professional, Enterprise, and Enterprise LTSB).
- Microsoft Edge browser is not supported.
- Unified CCE and Packaged CCE running on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 require a patch: Active Directory 2012 hotfix.
Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SQL Server Localization Support
These are the supported localized versions of Microsoft Windows Server and SQL Server to use with the Cisco Unified ICM and Unified Contact Center Enterprise components.
|Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2||Microsoft SQL Server 2014||SQL Collation Setting|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Portuguese (Brazil)|
|Chinese (simplified)||Chinese (simplified)||Chinese_PRC|
|Chinese (traditional)||Chinese (traditional)||Chinese_Taiwan_Stroke|
- In the above table, if a corresponding localized SQL Server 2014 in the Microsoft SQL Server 2014 column for a particular language in the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 column is not shown, use the English SQL Server 2014 with the applicable setting in the SQL Collation Setting column.
- Unified CCE supports multilingual versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (English Windows Server 2012 with language packs installed). For details about how to set up multilingual versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, see the Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- Use English SQL Server 2014 on multilingual versions of the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 environment. These are examples of supported multilingual environments:
- English Windows Server 2012 with Japanese Windows language pack installed, and English SQL Server 2014 with Japanese SQL Collation Setting.
- English Windows Server 2012 with Russian Windows language pack installed, and English SQL Server 2014 with Cyrillic_General SQL Collation Setting.
Transport Layer Security
For UCCE 11.5, these solutions and components support Transport Layer Security (TLS) for HTTPS communication with their web clients.
|Cisco Solution & Component|| TLS 1.0|
|Enterprise Chat and Email (ECE)||Yes||Yes|
|Identity Server (IdS)||No||Yes|
| Unified Contact Center Management|
|Unified Customer Voice Portal (CVP)||Yes||Yes|
|Unified Intelligence Center (CUIC)||Yes||Yes|
|Virtualized Voice Browser (VVB)||No||Yes|
Agent Desktop Supported Platforms
| Windows 7|
(Pro, Enterprise and Ultimate)
Mac OS X
(10.10 and 10.11)
|Cisco Finesse|| |
Unified CCE Parent / Child Compatibility
|Release||Parent PG 10.5(x)||Parent PG 11.0(x)||Parent PG 11.5(x)|
|Child PG 10.5(x)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Child PG 11.0(x)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Child PG 11.5(x)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cisco Client Type||Virtual Desktop Infrastructure|
| Finesse|| VMware View 4.6, 5.x and 6.0
Horizon View 6.0, 7.0
Citrix XenDesktop 4.x, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, and 7.x
- Unified Communications Manager Silent Monitoring is the only silent monitoring type supported with VDI.
- Desktop solutions are only supported on PC-like devices that utilize a keyboard and mouse. Tablets and mobile devices are not currently supported.
- You can use any VDI endpoint that supports the specific Citrix or VMware VDI solution versions supported by Cisco. Verify that the bandwidth and deployment considerations of the solution meet the performance and timing requirements of CTI OS.
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise Administration is not supported on virtual desktops.
- Cisco Unified Intelligence Center (CUIC) is not validated on virtual desktops and is not currently supported, however if specific CUIC issues occur on virtual desktops and are reproducible in supported browsers (IE, Chrome, and Firefox), those issues will be addressed.
|Cisco Client Version||Citrix/XenApp||Remote Desktop Services Platform|
|Finesse||XenApp 7.x|| No|
ICM-to-ICM Gateway Compatibility
|ICM Client||ICM Server|
Automatic Speech Recognition - Text to Speech
Unified CVP was tested for interoperability with the following Nuance components:
Nuance recognizer 10.5 (NR10.5):
Nuance Recognizer 10 (NR10):
Nuance Recognizer 9 (NR9):
Note: Contact Nuance support for compatibility of later dot releases of Nuance components with Unified CVP.
Use vendor-recommended operating system software.
These Cisco components support third-party load balancers in redirect mode and Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) 4710 Appliance Series with Software version A4(2.0). Cisco ACE is for upgrades only, as explained in Cisco ACE 4710 Application Control Engine.
- Unified CCE
- Unified CVP
- Unified Intelligence Center
- Enterprise Chat and Email
Third-party load balancers must meet these requirements:
- Both SSL offloading and SSL pass through must be supported
- Load Balancer High Availability
- Session stickiness should not be mandatory
- Persistence - cookie-insert
- Distribution algorithm - Round-robin
See these documents for the interoperability notes and any known caveats of F5 Big-IP and Citrix NetScalar 1000v:
- Using F5 BIG-IP® traffic management and load balancing in a Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal Solution.
- Using Citrix NetScaler 1000v® traffic management and load balancing in a Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal Solution.
Note: For specific interfaces where you can use load balancers in your deployment, see the Cisco Design Guide for the UCCE component.
Cisco PGW Softswitch Support
Hardware that supports PGW 9.8(1). See Cisco PGW 2200 Softswitch Hardware Installation Guide
PGW 9.8(1) S9P9. See Cisco PGW 2200 Softswitch Release Notes
|Restrictions||PGW 2200 Softswitch Release 9.8(1) is qualified to be used with CVP using the SIP protocol.|
|Media Gateway used with Cisco PGW 2200 Softswitch|
|Hardware Options||AS5350XM, AS5400XM|
|Software Options||AS5350XM and AS5400XM - 15.1(1)T or later T releases|
Aspect Call Center with CMI
|Switch Version||CMI (Contact Server)||ICM 11.5||Notes|
|v9.3||CMI v6.4||Yes||CMI v6.4 is supported only on Win2k8.|
Review the following Avaya support considerations:
- Avaya name changes: Avaya changed names from DEFINITY to MultiVantage to Avaya Communications Manager (ACM) to Avaya Aura Communications Manager.
- RTA 5.0.5 and RTA 6.0 enhanced functionality (60 skills per agent and 2000 skill groups per system) are not supported by ICM.
- ICM does not support more than 12000 active associations on a single system.
- All CMS versions are supported as long as a supported RTA is used.
- Cisco supports the Avaya S8300, S8400, S85XX, S87XX, and S88XX Servers in support of ACM.
- Cisco supports the general use of Avaya IP Phones.
- Although Avaya stopped supporting the CVLAN interface in 2012, UCCE still uses this interface to communicate with Avaya products.
- MAPD is not supported.
- Support for third-party ACD clients, SDKs, and interfaces integrated with ICM stops when the third-party ACD manufacturer ends mainstream support.
- Ten-digit Agent extension and Agent ID are supported from ICM 9.0(3) and later that have ACM 6.2 and later; AES 6.2 and later; and CMS R16 with RTA 6.0 pl: 13g.
Avaya CMS RTA Support Matrix
|RTA Version||ICM 11.5|
Avaya Communications Manager Support Matrix
|ACD Version||ICM 11.5|
AES Server and CVLAN/TSAPI Client Support Matrix
|AES Server||CVLAN Client Supported||TSAPI Client Supported||ICM 11.5|
1Since Avaya no longer supports CVLAN, you must migrate to the TSAPI client.
These apply to the support of Avaya/Nortel's ACD switch types.
- Cisco only supports certain Succession platforms with Symposium. See the following chart for details.
- Cisco does not support more than one PG pair connected to a single Symposium server.
- You must request the SCCS Toolkit from Cisco. To do so, send an email with this information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Customer name
- Maintenance contract number
- ICM version
- PG version
- Number of PGs
Avaya Aura Contact Center
|AACC Version||ICM 11.5|
Note: The Automated Administrator for Symposium (AAS) feature is not supported with AACC 6.4.
|ACD Version1||ICM 11.5||Notes|
|Nortel SDK 5.0 (with SCCS 5.0 and NCCM 6.0)||No||As of September 2008, Nortel does not provide support for SCCS 5.0.|
|Nortel SDK 6.0 (with NCCM 6.0, NCCM 7.0 and AACC 6.0)||Yes|| For HDX 6, you must install RTD 6 on the PG.
Note: SDKs are not integrated with ICM.
1Cisco does not support any major ACD version not shown in this matrix.
Note: Nortel Contact Center Manager (NCCM), earlier known as Symposium (SCCS), was renamed to Avaya Aura Contact Center (AACC).
CTI Support for ACD Types
|ACD Vendor||ACD Model||CTI Server Protocol Support||CTI OS Support|
|Avaya||Avaya Communication Manager driven by Avaya S8300, S8400, S85xx, S87xx, and S88xx Servers||Yes||Yes|
1CTI OS Agent Desktop is supported with Unified CCE system PG only.
Remote Expert Mobile
For more information on Cisco Remote Expert Mobile, see the Cisco Contact Center Solutions and Unified Communications Manager Solution Configuration Guide for Remote Expert Mobile.
Apple iOS Device Support for REM
|Apple iOS 7 and iOS 8 Devices||Models|
|iPad||iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation|
|iPad Mini||iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina Display, iPad Mini 3|
|iPhone||iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus|
|iPod Touch||iPod Touch 5th Generation|
Android Device Support for REM
|Samsung|| Galaxy S4, S4 Mini, S5, S5 Mini, S6, S7|
Galaxy Note III (or newer)
Galaxy Tab S, Tab 4 (8.4" and 10.1")
|Nexus 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10|
|LG||G2, Optimus G3|
|HTC||One M7, M8, One Max|
|HP||Slate 7, 8, and 10|
- Devices must be running Android version 4.1.2 or later (Jellybean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat).
- Not all devices have been tested, but the above are known to work.
Jabber System Requirements for REM Agents
|System Requirement||Jabber for Windows and Finesse Agent Desktop||Jabber for Mac and Finesse Agent Desktop|
|Free physical memory||2 GB||2 GB|
|Free disk space||1 GB||1 GB|
|CPU speed and type||4th Generation Intel Core i3 or later|| 1.6-GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 or later on the following hardware:
|GPU||DirectX 11 on Microsoft Windows 7||N/A|
|I/O ports||USB 2.0 for USB camera and audio devices||USB 2.0 for USB camera and audio devices|
|Screen resolution||For Finesse clients, the minimum supported screen resolution is 1024x768.||For Finesse clients, the minimum supported screen resolution is 1024x768.|
Browser Support for REM Customers
|Browser||Supported Version||Verified Against||Plug-in Required||Platform / Operating System|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||11||11||Yes||Windows|
|Microsoft Edge||12+||12||No||Windows 10 Co-browsing only—no Voice & Video|
Note: Mobile browsers are not supported.