Unable to login Unified CCX Agent in an Extension Mobility setup
Unified CCX Agent is unable to login using CAD/CAD-BE within an Extension Mobility Setup
|Problem Summary||Unable to login Unified CCX Agent in an Extension Mobility setup.|
|Error Message||One or more lines associated with the agent's device is being shared by multiple phones.|
|Possible Cause|| 1. With Unified CCX setups that include Extension Mobility (EM) configurations, it is possible to have one EM user log into multiple phones. By logging into multiple phones with the same EM profile assigned to an extension, a shared line error will occur. Unified CCX does not permit the usage of sharing the same primary line extension on multiple phones.
2. With Cisco IP Communicator (CIPC), users also have the ability to log into an EM profile. However, if a user fails to explicitly logout of the EM profile before the user closes CIPC, he/she will encounter a shared lines error. This problem is resolved in Unified CCX 8.0(2).
|Recommended Action|| Based on your requirements, there are several ways to prevent Agents from encountering shared lines in an Extension Mobility environment:
1. Do not allow EM device profiles share the same extension. This can be checked by looking at the configurations in CUCM.
1. Log into CUCM 2. Go to Call Routing > Directory Number 3. Search for extension 4. Look at the number of devices in the "Associated Devices" box. Ensure that only one device exist.
2. Disallow the ability for users to log into multiple phones with the same EM user profile simultaneously. This configuration is located in Cisco Unified CM (CUCM) Service Parameter configurations:
1. Log into CUCM 2. Go to System > Service Parameters 3. Select CUCM server and "Cisco Extension Mobility" as the service 4. Change the "Intra-cluster Multiple Login Behavior" to either "Multiple Logins Not Allowed" or "Auto Logout"
3. For CIPC EM users, mandate that users explicitly log out of his/her EM profiles before closing CIPC. Closing CIPC without logging out of EM will still have the extension associated with the device.
4. Configure a timer for EM profiles to logout an EM user after a certain amount of time. The logout timer will ensure that the EM user is logged out even if the user closes CIPC without explicitly logging out. Note that this will logout the EM user even when he/she the EM device is currently active. Must configure in CUCM Service Parameters:
1. Log into CUCM 2. Go to System > Service Parameters 3. Select CUCM server and "Cisco Extension Mobility" as the service 4. Change the "Intra-cluster Maximum Login Time" to a time. 5. Go to User Management > End User 6. Search for username associated with the EM profile 7. Add EM profile to the "CTI Controlled Device Profiles" box.
|Release||Unified CCX 8.0(1)|
|Associated CDETS #||None.|