| Recommended Action
There are two possible actions you can take:
- To manually shrink a Cisco Unified CCX database log file, open a command window on the Cisco Unified CCX server and type the following commands:
- osql -Usa -Ppassword -ddb_cra, where password is the password for the sa log in to the Cisco Unified CCX database.
- USE database_name, where database_name is db_cra.
- DBCC SHRINKFILE (database_name_log.mdf), where database_name is db_cra.
- Alternatively, you can shrink the log files by running the batch file runTruncateHistDBLogs.bat, installed under the wfavvid directory. Depending on the arguments, it shrinks the log files of db_cra or tempdb.
- Truncate the log files for db_cra to 10MB: runTruncatedHistDBLogs “sa” “sa_password” “db_cra_all” 10
- Truncate the tempdb transaction log: runTruncateHistDBLogs “sa” “sa_password” “tempdb”
Additional information can be found about truncating logs in the Managing Historical Reporting Databases section of the Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide.
| Note: ||This troubleshooting tip also applies to the Cisco Unified CCX Database Problems section and the Cisco Unified CCX Historical Reporting Problems section.|