ServiceGrid Article - Update Call
The CallActions are defined in the CallAction table. When using actions, all possible actions will be displayed as a selection list. Each Action is assigned to a CallDetail form. Clicking on an action will execute the action using the assigned form. Actions force the users to follow the defined workflow (successor rules).
Actions can be used to:
- Set a new call status.
- Dispatch a call to a different technician.
- Automate the workflow.
Each CallAction may have additional settings:
- Start: This is Start action of the Workflow.
- AutoSave: The call will be saved automatically. No input is possible or necessary.
- LockCall: The call will be locked and cannot be updated by another user. The call will be unlocked after update and saved by the locking user.
CallActions using additional Parameters
- MenuText: defines an individual tab for CallOpen.
- MenuSeqNr: defines the sequence of the menu tabs for CallOpen.
- ValidForContractElement: defines the ContractElements allowed for this CallAction.
- PermissionGroups: Shows values of the allowed permissiongroups (=PGRs) for this CallAction ("empty" means all PGRs are allowed).
- CreateParent: If this CallAction is to create an own Parent.
- CreateChildren: If this CallAction is to create own ChildCalls using different options.
- UpdateParent/UpdateChildren: Defines functionality of the CallStateUpdates of Parent/Child calls.
- Template: Can be used for CreateChildren.
- CreateChildrenSetup: Defines the selection method for "CreateChildren".
- SelectionOf: Defines if the selection method is "root- or sub-entries or all, when "empty".
By clicking on the "Upload" button, you can select the attachment. All file formats are possible. Any number of attachments is possible. Files are attached to the current history record of the call. Attachments are viewable in the call history.
Reading and Writing Notes
Notes are used when additional information to a call shall be stored without changing the status of the call. Notes are stored and displayed in chronological order. Any number of notes can be created for a call. Notes can be marked as "private" (the service partner cannot see them).
To read or write notes, the "Notes“ field must be included in the call deatil setup.The number of notes already attached to the call is displayed with the notes field in the call detail form. To read the notes, click on the "Show Notes“ button. The notes is displayed in the right frame.
To read or write notes, the "Notes“-field must be included in the call deatil setup. The number of notes already attached to the call is displayed with the notes field in the call detail form.
To write a new note:
Step 1: Click on the "Write a note“ button
Step 2: Write your text
Step 3: Click Save to save the note.
The note will be stored with the call.
Display Parent / Child Calls
You can display: All Parent and Child calls, which are assigned to the current call can be displayed. The Parent or Child calls can be shown in a separate window, using a template. It is possible to change to the detail of the Parent or Child call. All dispayed values of the Parent or Child call List can be customized.
Creating a Parent / Child-Call
You can create a new Child call or a new Parent call by clicking the relevant buttons. You can also assign an existing call as Parent or assign an existing Call as Child.
For a complete list of Cisco ServiceGrid Articles, go to the List of Articles page.