ServiceGrid Article - SD.Logistics
SD.Logistics manages the spare parts usage within the service process.The SD.Logistics module provides functions to manage stores and quantities of parts used in the service tasks. Complete stock management is provided including receipt and shipment of parts as well as transfer between stores and stocktaking functions to handle cost and usage of parts in the service process.
SD.Logistics Use Cases
- Integration of parts reservation and parts shipment in the service management (call management) process.
- Administration of stock information, including update of quantity on stock and stocktaking procedures.
- Creation of transactions for stock movements including receipt of parts, shipment of parts, transfer of parts, reservation of parts, and stock change.
- Access to cost reports calculating the parts cost for different cost elements.
- Calculation and download of order proposals based on minimum and maximum quantity.
- Calculation and download of stock transfer proposals based on nominal stock quantity.
- Administration of parts master data, including optional sales price and/or purchase price information.
- Administration of store master data, including technician stores, minimum quantity and maximum quantity information fields.
Functions of workflow users
- Check the quantity which is in stock in different stores
- Execute stocktaking
- Check the stock movements using the stock journal
- Book stocktaking transactions by uploading the CSV files
- Book received transactions
- Book transfer transactions
- Book return transactions
- Create and download order proposals
- Create and download transfer proposals
Functions of administrators
- Maintain the parts list
- Upload parts data from the CSV files
- Maintain the store list (Locations)
SD.Logistics - Important Features
- SD.Logistics is based on a spare parts list, stores where parts are on stock and the stock itself calculated as number of parts on stock in a certain store.
- Stores may be central or regional stores or technician stores assigned to exactly one technician as personal stock of spare parts.
- Stock transaction can be performed between different stores and as parts received or parts returned from outside.
- Reservation and shipment of parts can also be performed within SD.call. This is used to document the reservation or shipment of spare parts for a certain service call.
- Parts data can be uploaded or downloaded from or to other data collections using the CSV file formats.
- A journal log provides a complete history of all stock movements.
For a complete list of Cisco ServiceGrid Articles, go to the List of Articles page.