ServiceGrid Article - SD.Inventory
SD.inventory is the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for the administration of installed components (hardware, software and documents) combined with locations, service levels and users.
SD.inventory Use Cases
- Create and update the Manufacturer and DeviceType data
- Create and update the Device data
- Create and update the Location data
- Create and update the relations between Contracts, Servicelevels and Devices
- Select, search and list Manufacturers and DeviceTypes
- Select, search and list Devices
- Select, search and list Locations
Functions for users (SD.inventory Usage)
- Select, search and list Manufacturers, drill down into the Manufacturers master data
- Select, search and list DeviceTypes data
- Select, search and list Device data, drill down into the Device master data
- Select, search and list Location data, drill down into the Location master data
Functions for administrators (SD.inventory Devices, Devicetypes and Manufacturers Setup)
- Create and update Manufacturers
- Create and update DeviceTypes
- Create and update Devices
- Create and update Locations
SD.inventory - Important Features
- SD.inventory data consists of 4 main data objects: Devices, DeviceTypes, Manufacturers and Locations.
- Devices (hardware, software, documents) have a unique ID that are assigned to exactly one location. Each device is also assigned to a device type which is again assigned to exactly one manufacturer.
- Devices may be related to each other as sub- or root-devices. This relationship can be displayed as graphical device map.
- Locations can be related to each other as parent location, providing a hierarchical order of locations.
- Each devices and locations have a number of standard data fields and additionally the option to extend the table structure with up to 128 more fields.
- Updates of Devices and Locations are completely logged in a history log file.
- Devices, Locations, DeviceTypes and Manufacturers can be created and updated via the web interface or using upload and download functions.
- SD.inventory data is integrated in SD.call. If required, Locations and/or Devices are assigned to a service call.
For a complete list of Cisco ServiceGrid Articles, go to the List of Articles page.