ServiceGrid Article - Portal
This document contains the features and functions available in the Cisco ServiceGrid Portal.
The Cisco ServiceGrid Portal is an optional component that provides customers and their service partners with a web application to:
- Create, update, track, manage, and close service cases for the enabled support processes.
- Access and review the standard and custom service cases and service-level agreement (SLA) reports.
Figure 1 displays the ServiceGrid standard login page.
Figure 1 Cisco ServiceGrid Login Page
The name Cisco ServiceGrid is displayed in the browser's tab and in the taskbar if the browser is minimized.
Figure 2 ServiceGrid Standard Layout
Figure 2 displays the standard layout. You can change the layout in the top menu if activated by your ServiceGrid Administrator in the top menu.
Usability, Flexibility and Rich Function Set
The Cisco ServiceGrid Portal is the navigation user interface for all online functions of the Cisco ServiceGrid application. The purpose of the Portal is to give the portal users a selection of functions and data, arranged in tabs and menus on the screen for easy browsing and navigation. The menu structure of the Cisco ServiceGrid Portal is customizable for different roles, providing a role-based view on functions and data.
Navigation and User Role
The navigation elements consist of a top-level menu, the main menu and the left-side tree menu.
NOTE: Depending on the user role, only parts of the menus may be displayed.
The function and data elements (called Portal Elements) may be either of the following:
- Reports and functions provided by the the Cisco ServiceGrid application (for example, call volume reports, servicelevel reports, call lists, and so on).
- External data as documents uploaded into the Portal (for example, contract documents, operating procedures, and so on).
- Links to other websites or applications (for example, external websites, other internal portals, document servers, other data servers, and so on).
Figure 3 Portal Elements
Features for Users
Portal users may be end users, service desk personnel, service managers, technicians, or administrators, depending on the role they are assigned by the portal administrator.
The following features are supported for the end user to provide easy usage using the Portal:
The top menu:
- Select your favorite color style.
- Select the language.
- Select the time zone.
- Switch between different roles.
- Switch to the SD2 interface.
The tab menu:
- Use the favorites tab to collect your personal favorites.
- Get instant access to the different role specific dashboards.
- Use the tab menu prepared by the administrator for your specific role.
The left side tree:
- Use the left side tree for fast navigation.
- Collapse the left side tree for more space.
- Find role-specific data functions and content in the windows on the dashboard.
- Move the mouse over the widow header to read the description as tool tip.
- Double click the window header to expand the window to full dashboard size.
- Move the windows or resize them.
- Read documents.
- Click on groups to drill down into the next level.
- Click on function links to open new service cases.
- Watch videos.
- Switch between list, windows or go back to the administrator settings dashboard views.
Figure 4 Portal Users' Features
Features for Portal Administrators
The administrator designs the portal for different user roles for the following features:
The tab menu:
Use the portal administration tab to design the portal content for different user roles.
The left side tree:
- Add new groups, lists, functions, URL links or documents to the user dashboard.
- Delete or edit groups, lists, functions, URL links or documents.
- Move or copy elements within the tree.
The portal groups and elements:
- Set the parameters of a group or a dashboard.
- Define which role will be able to view the dashboard and the read/write permission.
Figure 5 Portal Administrators' Features
For more information on portal admininistrator features, contact your account manager.
The following table lists the URLs of the public portal:
Table 1 Portal URL
| Portal Name|| Portal URL|
| Portal Login public Demo || https://demo.solvedirect.com|
| Portal Login US public platform SJC1 || https://sjc1-portal.solvedirect.com|
| Portal Login european public platform SDCALL || https://sdcall-portal.solvedirect.com|
| Portal Login european public platform VIE2 || https://vie2-portal.solvedirect.com|
| Portal Login ServiceGrid Support platform || https://support-portal.solvedirect.com|
For a complete list of Cisco ServiceGrid Articles, go to the List of Articles page.