ServiceGrid Article - Message Trigger Creation Outbound
Creating a new outbound message Trigger
To create a new outbound message trigger, go to:
SD.basicdata > MessageRules > All Triggers > Create a new message trigger
Company, CallSystem and TriggerType data
Enter the Company, CallSystem and the TriggerType
- Select TriggerType from the drop-down list. In the example below the TriggerType is When updated by.
- Click Next to enter the master data
- Like with inbound triggers, an outbound trigger must always be linked to a Company and a CallSystem. These values can be selected in the first two selection fields. The example below shows the creation of the update calls of the CallSystem Change and the Company DemoSD3.
Trigger master data
- ShortName - like in Communciation this field is limited to 12 characters and must be unique within the company. The example below shows it as SGdCoreOubTr
- Name - a more detailed description of the Trigger, and limited to 50 characters. The example below shows it as Setup Guide Core Callservice Outbound Trigger.
- Click Save to save the trigger.
Linking the Communication to the Trigger
After the Trigger is created, it has to be linked to the Communication by calling the function Add existing outbound communication:
Selecting a created Communication
Search for the created Communication and click on the ShortName.
For a complete list of Cisco ServiceGrid Articles, go to the List of Articles page.