ServiceGrid Article - Extended Fields
This document provides the description of the mapping of extended fields from Users, Locations and Devices to Calls.
To display the data of TableExtension fields of an User, Location or Device within a call, a mapping between User/Location/Device TableExtension fields and Call TableExtension field is needed.
- Establish a mapping between a Call TableExtension field and a User/Location/Device TableExtension field. See the below section Setup for details.
- Assign a User/Location/Device to a Call, where a mapping exists and the mapped TableExtension field has a value.
- The values of the mapped User/Location/Device TableExtension field are copied into the corresponding TableExtension field of the Call.
The mapping between the TableExtension fields can be established from both sides
- Mapping from User/Location/Device TableExtensions to CallExtensions
- Navigate to BasicData > MyCompany > [Company] > Setups > Users or Locations or Devices > Table Extensions
In the following figure, Map to CallExtensions link is available. After clicking the link, a page is loaded displaying the current mapping.
- The two ComboBoxes at the top of the page are used to switch between Companies and their CallSystems.
- The list at the bottom displays all existing TableExtension fields for current selection and their current mappings.
- The Change link mapping allows change to the current mapping.
Mapping from CallExtensions to User/Location/Device TableExtensions
Navigate to BasicData > MyCompany > [Company] > Setups > CallSystems > [CallSystem] > Table Extensions
In the following figure, Map from User/Location/Device Extensions is available. After clicking the new link, a page is loaded displaying the current mapping.
- The two combo boxes at the top of the page are used to switch between Companies and the Entity to map (User, Location or Device).
- The list at the bottom displayes a list of all existing TableExtension fields for current selection and their current mappings.
- The Change mapping link allows change to the current mapping.
After a mapping has been established successfully, the value of the mapped TableExtension field is copied into the Call TableExtension field when a User/Location/Device is assigned to the Call.
For a complete list of Cisco ServiceGrid Articles, go to the List of Articles page.