| Recommended Action
1. Create an entry in the %ONCONFIG% file (onconfig.cvp) for DBSERVERALIASES. Something like CVP_1, CVP_2, CVP_2, etc.
Rules to follow while creating the Aliases:
a. DBSERVERALIASES must begin with a lowercase letter and can contain other lowercase letters, digits, and underscores.
b. DBSERVERALIASES must not include uppercase characters, a field delimiter (space or tab), or a new line character.
c. Other characters from the basic ASCII code set are not necessarily reliable.
d. For example, a hyphen or minus sign can create problems and a colon might not work reliably.
e. The @ character is reserved to separate the database from the server (as in dbase@server).
2. Go to C://Informix/db - > edit sqlhost file -> add <instance name> <PROTOCOL> <hostname> <aliased instance name> Ex: cvp_1 olsoctcp CVPRTPT cvp_1
3. Edit the %WIN_PATH%/system32/etc/drivers/services and add an entry for that alias (copy the tcp entry for IDS)
4. Create a registry entry under Informix/sqlhosts to match that alias name. Make sure the service name should be same as that of the alias name.
5. Go to Services and Restart the Informix IDS service . After successful service restart verify the DB instances are reflecting as created.