- Performance Routing (PfR) has many features, provides many services and has a great flexibility.
- This page lists the most common deployment scenarios.
PfR Phase 3 (PfRv3) - Next Generation PfR
PfRv3 is a major new release of Cisco Performance Routing. Please check the PfRv3 home page and solution guides:
PfR Phase 2 - Using PfR with latest simplification enhancements (Target Discovery, Simplification)
IOS 15.2(3)T and IOS-XE 3.6 and later support significant simplification enhancements, including Target Discovery and better default behavior.
See PfR Simplification for more information.
- Enterprise - Using Application Policies - DSCP Marking with NBAR2 on ingress
- Enterprise - Using Application Policies - DSCP Marking with NBAR2 on ingress - Asymmetric Routing Workaround
- Enterprise - Using Application Policies - PfR with NBAR
PfR Phase 1 - Using PfR before the simplification enhancements
Using IOS 15M/T or IOS-XE 3.x before IOS 15.2(3)T and IOS-XE 3.6
Enterprise Intranet Solution Guides:
- Basic - Load Balancing
- Enterprise - Advanced Load Balancing, Class Based Routing
- Enterprise - Data, Dual-homed to two IP-VPN Service Providers
- Enterprise - Dual VPN - Primary path on MPLS-VPN, secondary path on Public WAN with DMVPN
- Enterprise - Fast Failover
Internet Edge Solution Guides:
- Internet - Outbound Load Balancing
- Internet - Inbound Load Balancing
- Internet - Implementing Cost Policies