Packaged CCE Lab Only Deployment Information
The information in this page applies to Cisco Packaged CCE release 10.5(1) and above.
Packaged CCE Lab Only Deployment Components
Packaged CCE Lab Only deployments are configured as simplex systems; all components are installed on Side A, and there is no Side B.
The Lab Only deployment must consist of the following components:
- 1 Cisco Unified CCE Call Server
- 1 Cisco Unified CCE Data Server
- 1 Cisco Unified CVP Ops Console Server, co-located with a Cisco Unified CVP Call Server, Cisco Unified CVP Media Server, and Cisco Unified CVP VXML Server.
Note: To configure Unified CVP and Unified CVP OAMP on the same server, you need to pass the "labmode" flag to the setup executable when installing OAMP.
- 1 Cisco Unified CM, functioning as a combined Publisher and Subscriber
- 1 Cisco Unified Intelligence Center, functioning as a combined Publisher and Subscriber
- 1 Cisco Finesse, functioning as both a Publisher and Subscriber
- 0 or more Gateways
- 0 or 1 Cisco SocialMiner
- 0 or 1 Cisco Unified CVP Reporting
- 0 or 1 Cisco MediaSense
- 0 or 1 Cisco Unified E-Mail and Web Interaction Manager (Services Server)
- 0 or 1 3rd Party Multichannel
Note: In the System Inventory, the status rules that apply to machines outside of the Packaged Contact Center Enterprise Lab Only deployment will return a status of blocked.
Enable System Inventory, Log Collection, and Live Data Using the Bulk Jobs Tool
The following Unified CCE Administration tools cannot be used when you initially create a Packaged CCE Lab Only deployment:
- System Inventory, available through the Deployment tool
- Log Collection tool
- Live Data
To use these tools for demonstration purposes, you must provide Packaged CCE with information and credentials for the machines in your deployment, using the Bulk Jobs tool in Unified CCE Administration.
To enable the System Inventory, Log Collection, and Live Data:
- In the Unified CCE Web Administration Bulk Jobs tool, download the Inventory content file template.
- Open the file in Microsoft Excel and populate the content file fields as described in Inventory Content File.
- Save your changes.
- Create a new bulk job in the Bulk Jobs tool. In the Content File field, select the Inventory content file you created and click Save.
For detailed information and instructions for using the Bulk Jobs tool, see the Cisco Packaged Contact Center Enterprise Administration and Configuration Guide.
Inventory Content File
The Inventory content file template contains the following fields:
Note: If a username and/or password contains the "=" or "&" characters, use the encoded value of "%3d" or "%26" respectively.
|operation||The default is CREATE; do not change the operation.|
|name||For each machine, either leave the default name or enter a new name.|
|machineType||Do not change the machine type.|
|publicAddress||Enter the public IP address for each machine|
|publicAddressService||CCE_CALL_SERVER - This field specifies services that are required for the Unified CCE Call Server. If the Logical Controller ID for the Generic PG is not the default of 5000, change the pairing value for the TIP_PG and TIP_PG_TOS services to match the Logical Controller ID. (The Generic PG Logical Controller ID can be found on the Peripheral Gateways tab of the System > Information tool.) |
CCE_DATA_SERVER - This field specifies credentials for the Diagnostic Framework for the Unified CCE Call Server and Data Server. Replace email@example.com and password with credentials for a domain user who is a member of the Config security group for the instance. The credentials must be valid on all Unified CCE machines in your deployment.
|privateAddress||Enter the private IP address for the CCE_DATA_SERVER and CCE_CALL_SERVER. Leave this field blank for all other machines.|