Legend for Cisco Collaboration Virtualization Support
Legend for Home page
- Cisco Collaboration application - click to go to the details page for that application. When in doubt use the information on the details page. Details page may point to supplemental tech docs for the application.
- Latest Version Summarized Here indicates which Cisco release the table is providing a high-level summary for. For prior versions, see the details page for the application.
- Preloaded with Business Edition? indicates whether or not a VM configuration of this Collaboration application is preloaded with Cisco Business Edition 6000 (BE6000) and/or Cisco Business Edition 7000 (BE7000) packaged/bundled collaboration solutions. This column is green if "Yes". For additional detail on what is preloaded, see software load summaries in documentation at www.cisco.com/go/be6000 or www.cisco.com/go/be7000.
- Latest Supported Version of VMware vSphere ESXi - see the details page for matrix of older ESXi versions with application versions. This column is always green for Cisco Unified Communications Manager. For other apps, this column is green if they support the same latest version as Unified CM. Click the column heading for more details on VMware product, OEM and feature support.
- Co-residency indicates the application co-residency support policy with respect to allowed application mix. This column is green for "Full", yellow for "UC with UC only", yellow for "Limited" and red for "None". Click the column heading for definitions and more details. Note some VMware vSphere OEM options may further limit which non-UC and 3rd-party applications can be deployed.
- Supported Hardware (latest) summarizes newest hardware supported by Cisco Collaboration applications.
- UC on UCS Tested Reference Configurations (TRCs) summarizes support for newest (shipping) TRCs. Green if the application supports the complete set of newest (shipping) TRCs as Cisco Unified Communications Manager does. Yellow if it supports some of the newest TRCs - see application's details page for which ones. Red if supports none of the newest TRCs.
- UC on UCS Specs-based or 3rd-party Specs-based summarizes support for latest Intel Xeon "Full UC Performance" CPUs using Specs-based policy "rules" on the Supported Hardware page. Green if the application has the same support policy and Intel Xeon CPU options as Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Yellow if partial - see details page. Red if the application either does not support Specs-based at all, or has a different support policy from Unifed CM and the core UC apps. Note this is only for "Full UC Performance CPUs". For support of "Restricted UC Performance CPUs", see the application's detail page.
Legend for Product Detail Pages
- Version is the major and minor release of the UC app. Unless otherwise indicated, "version" also includes the following:
- Maintenance releases within the major/minor release - e.g. "8.6" includes "8.6(1)" and "8.6(2)"
- Service updates (SU), Engineering Specials (ES) and patches within the major/minor/maintenance release - e.g. if "8.6" includes "8.6(1)", then "8.6(1)" also includes "8.6(1) SU1" and "8.6(1) ES1".
- Component and Capacity Point
- VM Configuration Requirements - Click the link to get the cisco.com location of the OVA file containing the VM configuration options for this version of the UC app. One of these VM configurations must be used to be supported. When in doubt, use the VM configuration specs in the readme of the OVA download file. The Unified Communications Virtualization Sizing Guidelines describe how to use these VM configuration specs when designing a virtualized UC deployment. Note that each VM configuration is only supported on certain hardware TRCs or Specs-based CPU options since a VM configuration is only supported on certain CPU Types (defined at Supported Hardware).
- Supported Hardware - indicates which Tested Reference Configurations (TRCs) and Specs-based CPU options are supported for this VM configuration (in part based on which CPU Types were qualified).
- Tested Reference Configurations (TRCs) - TRC "Sizes" and server configurations for a given "size" are described here. These columns are green if all server configurations of that size are supported, yellow if some of the server configurations for that size are supported, and red if none of them are supported.
- UCS or 3rd-party Specs-based on Intel Xeon - CPU Types and CPU models for a given type are described here. These columns are green if all CPU models of that type are supported, yellow if some of the CPU models for that type are supported, and red if none of them are supported.
- Red (not supported) means the capacity point of this VM configuration is too high for this hardware. It is not supported since the advertised performance of the VM configuration would need to be "de-rated", and that "de-rating" would be deployment-specific.
- Co-residency Support - indicates the application co-residency support policy with respect to allowed application mix. This column is green for "Full", yellow for "UC with UC only" or "Limited" and red for "None". Click the link for definitions and more details. Note some VMware vSphere OEM options may further limit which non-UC and 3rd-party applications can be deployed.
- Supported Versions of VMware vSphere ESXi - lists all the supported major and minor releases supported by this VM configuration. Click the link for VMware vSphere ESXi patch policy.
- Click for IOPS - click here to see storage performance requirements for this UC app.