Cisco IOS Voice Troubleshooting and Monitoring -- Fax Detection
(Redirected from Fax Detection)
Use the following tips to resolve problems that keep fax detection from working correctly:
- On the router that you are using for the fax detection application, make sure that you have installed at least the minimum version of Cisco IOS software that is listed in the Cisco IOS Fax, Modem, and Text Support over IP Configuration Guide.
- Before configuring fax detection, make sure that your voice application is functional by putting a series of calls through.
- Before configuring fax detection, make sure that your fax application is functional by sending a series of faxes.
- After configuring fax detection, issue the debug voip ivr script command to display debug information from the fax detection script. Put through a series of voice calls and fax calls to ensure correct operation. The debug output that is displayed when you put calls through is indispensable for diagnosing failing calls and finding the source of a problem. It is the only way to verify that parameters are set to the values that you want and that they are actually taking effect. Mistakes such as typing errors in command-line interface (CLI) parameters (for example, typing "moode" for "mode") are not recognized as errors by Cisco IOS. They are accepted without complaint when typed, yet they do not produce the desired effect during operation. It is only by watching the debug output during operation that you find these mistakes.
- Make sure that you have configured different DTMF digits for fax and for voice. If you configure both to be the same number, you are not notified immediately, as you would be with other Cisco IOS command errors. You find this error only if the debug voip ivr script command is enabled before a failing call comes in.