| Problem Summary
|| After a fresh installation of the Finesse server, the first time you access the Finesse Desktop or Administration page using Internet Explorer, a warning message appears about the website's security certificate.
| Error Message
|| There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
| Possible Cause
|| Finesse uses a self-signed certificate. Because it is not a CA signed certificate, Internet Explorer displays a security error the first time you access the Desktop or Administration page. This also happens when you sign in to the secondary Finesse for the first time after a failover.
| Recommended Action
|| When the error message about the website's security certificate appears, proceed as follows:
- Click Continue to this website (not recommended).
- When the Finesse sign-in page loads, click the Certificate Error icon in the Internet Explorer address bar, and then click View certificates.
- Click Install Certificate.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and browse to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate store.
- Click Finish to install the certificate.
Note: Because the certificate uses the hostname of the Finesse server, use the hostname instead of the IP address to access the Finesse server.
| Associated CDETS #