| Problem Summary
|| After a fresh installation of Finesse, agents cannot sign in to the desktop.
| Error Message
|| Invalid username or password. Please try again.
| Possible Cause
Common issues include
- Username or password is incorrect.
- The Domain was not configured during installation.
- The agent is not properly configured in Unified CCE.
- The AWDB is not configured correctly.
- Cisco Tomcat was not restarted after configuration.
- The agent's device is not configured correctly in Unified CM.
| Recommended Action
- Verify that the username and password is correct.
- Verify that a valid domain was configured during installation and that forward and reverse DNS are set up correctly. To check if DNS was configured during installation, check the install.log for the following:
InstallWizard|USER_ACTION_BTN_PUSH: Screen = DNS Client Configuration, button pushed = No|<LVL::Info
The preceding message indicates that DNS was not configured during the installation. If this is the case, reinstall Finesse and configure the DNS with a valid domain. For information about collecting Finesse logs, see the section "Commands Supported for Cisco Finesse" in the
Cisco Finesse Administration Guide.
- Verify that the agent has been configured in Unified CCE.
- Verify that the AWDB is configured correctly:
- Check the realm.log for the following line:
"ERROR com.cisco.ccbu.finesse.realms.ccerealm.CCERealmConfig - Cannot connect to any AWDB! Ensure that at least one AWDB is configured properly and running!"
This line indicates that Finesse cannot connect to the AWDB.
- Check that the values entered in the Contact Center Enterprise Administration & Data Server Settings gadget are correct.
- Verify that the username entered is a Windows domain user.
- Verify that the username is not prepended with the domain (for example: domain\username).
- Check that the AWDB is set up correctly and is running:
- The AWDB SQL server must use Windows authentication.
- Verify that the AWDB machine is up and that the Distributor service is running.
- Verify that the port configured in the Contact Center Enterprise Administration & Data Server gadget is open to the Finesse server.
- Restart Cisco Tomcat on the primary and secondary Finesse servers.
- Verify that the agent's device is properly configured in Unified CM and is active.
|| Release 8.5(3), Release 9.0(1), Release 9.1(1), Release 10.0(1), Release 10.5(1), Release 11.0(1)
| Associated CDETS #