Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x -- Starting the Basic Cisco Unified Presence Installation
Main page: Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x
Before You Begin
Ensure that you have installed the VMWare player and have configured your network connections.
- Insert the Cisco Unified Presence SDK DVD into the drive.
- When Windows Explorer displays the contents of the DVD, locate this executable file and run the self-extracting installer: CUP_Virtual_Appliance.exe.
- Perform one of the following actions to start the VMWare Player:
- Select the desktop icon.
- Select Start > Programs > VMware.
- Complete the following actions:
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the files.
- Locate the file with the extension .vmx, and open it.
- Note: If you see a [FAILED] status, ignore it. As the VMWare Player loads the virtual image file, status messages display for which you do not need to take any action.
- Click Continue when the Pre-existing Configuration Information window displays.
- Click Proceed when the Platform Installation Wizard displays.
- Click No in the Apply Additional Release window to install the software on the DVD without upgrading.
- Click Continue in the Basic Install Window.
While performing these steps, use the following key combinations to interact with the VMWare Player:
- CTRL-G-Shifts the focus inside the VMWare Player window.
- CTRL-ALT-Shifts the focus outside the VMWare Player window.