|Attention: DocWiki has reached EOL and will be decommissioned January 25, 2019.|
Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x -- Known Issues with Microsoft Exchange Server Integration
Main page: Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x
Microsoft Exchange 2003
- Applying Microsoft HotFix KB841561
- Avoiding Login Timeouts in Cisco Unified Presence Release 6.0(2) Integration
Applying Microsoft HotFix KB841561
Apply Microsoft HotFix KB841561 if you encounter problems with the Exchange 2003 server and it returns a "500 Internal Server Error".
- Uninstall SP2 for Windows Server 2003 and for Microsoft Exchange 2003.
- Install SP1 for Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003.
- Download and install KB841561 from the following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=050be883-11fc-4045-b988-c737e79c65d0&displaylang=en
- Install SP2 for Windows Server 2003 and for Microsoft Exchange 2003.
Avoiding Login Timeouts in Cisco Unified Presence Release 6.0(2) Integration
If you integrate Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server with Cisco Unified Presence 6.0(2), and have Form-Based Authentication (FBA) enabled, the Exchange Server may reject calendar transactions with the error "440 Login Timeout". Although not a requirement, we recommend that you disable FBA with Cisco Unified Release 6.0(2) because it can impact performance.
Note: Cisco Unified Presence Release 6.0(3) supports the use of FBA with Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Microsoft Exchange 2007.
Microsoft Exchange 2007
Calendar Integration Limitation: FBA and Mixed Mode Exchange 2007
Exchange integration may not work if you:
- Deploy a mixed configuration of Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2003 behind a Client Access Server (CAS)
- Enable Forms Based Authentication (FBA) on Exchange 2007
Enabling FBA prevents the WebDAV transactions required for calendar integration.
No workaround exists.