Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x -- Configuring the Windows PC Network Connections
Main page: Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x
Before You Begin
Perform this procedure only if you have two network adapters on your PC. Otherwise, go to How to Complete the Cisco Unified Presence 7.0(1) Installation.
- Select Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection.
- Select, then right-click the connection that is not the primary LAN connection.
- Click Properties.
- From the General tab in the Local Area Connection Properties window, write down the name of the local area device used to make the connection shown in the Connect using: list box.
- Click Cancel to return to the Local Area Connection window.
- Click Close.
- From the VMWare Player installation directory, run this executable file: vmnetcfg.exe.
- Select the Automatic Bridging tab in the Virtual Network Editor window.
- Navigate to the General tab of the Local Area Connection Properties window.
- Perform the following actions:
- Select the device you noted in the Connect using: list box.
- Click Add to add it to the Excluded Adapter list.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.