Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x -- Configuring Video Conferencing Resources on Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Main page: Cisco Unified Presence, Release 7.x
Using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, you can enable merged conference calls (three or more parties) with audio and video support for Cisco Unified Personal Communicator softphone users. Any participant in the conference call can merge other participants into the conference.
Before You Begin
- Install a supported release of the video conferencing server.
- Obtain the MAC address of the video conference bridge.
- Perform the following configuration on Cisco Unified Communications Manager:
Task Menu path
Configure the videoconference bridge.
Cisco Unified CM Administration > Media Resources > Conference Bridge
Create a media resource group list
Cisco Unified CM Administration > Media Resources > Media Resource Group List
Add the videoconference bridge to the media resource group list
Create a media resource group
Cisco Unified CM Administration > Media Resources > Media Resource Group
Add a media resource to the media resource group
2. (Optional) To enable any participant to add more participants the conference, perform the following steps:
- Select Cisco Unified CM Administration > System > Service Parameters.
- Select the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server and service.
- Set Advanced Ad Hoc Conference Enabled to True in the Clusterwide Parameter (Feature - Conference) section.
3. Associate the phone with the new media resource group list:
- Select Cisco Unified CM Administration > Device > Phone.
- Under Search Options, search for the directory number of the phone, and when it is found, select the device name.
- In the Phone Configuration window in the Device Information section, find the Media Resource Group List, and select the media resource group list that you just configured.
- Select Enabled for Video Capabilities in the Product Specific Configuration Layout section.
- Select Save.
- Select Reset.
- For details about the Cisco Unified Video Conferencing server installation, see the product installation guide:
- For details about supported Cisco Unified Video Conferencing releases, see the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator release notes:
- For detailed Cisco Unified Communications Manager configuration instructions, use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration online help or the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide: