Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1 -- Replacing the CD or DVD Drive in the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8112
See also Maintaining the Audio Server
Use this procedure if the CD or DVD drive in your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8112 system will not mount or is not recognized.
Symptom: The CD or DVD drive will not mount.
Cause: The jumper setting on the CD or DVD drive is incorrect. This causes the BIOS, and therefore the software, to not recognize the drive. This is especially true for systems that have never been upgraded from a CD or DVD.
Solution: Follow this process to change the jumper setting.
Before You Begin:
- Gather the required tools:
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Small flashlight
- Needle-nose pliers
- Pusher device such as a nut driver or an object with an approximate diameter of 3/8 inch with a blunt/flat face, such as a wooden pencil that has never been sharpened.
- Turn the power to the system off.
- Understand the jumper setting diagram. The CD or DVD drive has three jumper sets, called "Cable Select", "Slave", and "Master":
* * <----- Cable Select
* * <----- Slave
* * <----- Master
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver, remove the four screws on the rear panel of the CD or DVD drive.
- Using a flashlight and needle-nose pliers, find the jumper setting on the rear of the CD or DVD drive.
- Move the jumpers from the middle ("Slave") set to the bottom ("Master") set.
- Validate that the IDE cable is fully seated to the rear of the CD or DVD drive.
- Use the pusher device to push down on the IDE cable to ensure that it is fully seated.
- Reattach the four screws to the CD or DVD drive rear panel. Ensure that no cables are pinched.