Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1 -- Problems Replicating Video Terminals
When the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Video Integration is deployed on the external web server or cluster of servers in a Segmented Meeting Access configuration, all internal Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing servers must also have the Video Integration installed but not activated. This allows you to utilize the Update All Terminals command of the Replication Service on these servers to manually refresh the list of video terminals from Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Video Administration.
However, in some cases, the internal server online administrative interface will not display the Update All Terminals command even though the Video Integration has been installed on the server. To fix this problem, perform the following procedure.
To Activate the Update All Terminals Replication Service Command
- Verify the Host Video Conferences setting on each Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing server. (The setting should be checked on one DMZ (external) server and unchecked on all other internal and external servers.)
- In the Windows Control Panel, double-click MeetingPlace Gateways .
- Click the Video tab.
- Verify that the Host Video Conferences check box is checked or unchecked as appropriate.
- Note: If you need to change the Host Video Conferences setting, you must stop the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing service, change the value, and then restart the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing service.
- From the internal web server on which the problem occurs, sign in to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing by using a System Manager-level user profile.
- From the Welcome page, click Admin > Web Server .
- In the View section, click the name of the DMZ web server. The configuration data for the DMZ server appears on the upper section of the page.
- Click Submit without changing any configuration fields.
- Click Back .
- Click Replication Service .
- Verify whether the Update All Terminals field appears in the Replication Service Command drop-down menu.