Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1 -- Installing Web Conferencing
This information describes how to complete a new installation of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing. It does not describe upgrades.
Note: Before reviewing this information, read the System Requirements. All installations of Release 6.1 require at least one Cisco MCS and a supported version of MCS OS 2003 software.
- Preinstallation Tasks: Web Conferencing
- Installation Tasks: Web Conferencing
- Postinstallation Tasks: Web Conferencing
Installations Allowing External Access
Installations with Load Balancing
Silently Installing the Cisco Unified Presenter Add-In on End-User Computers
This section describes how to use an automated distribution system, such as the Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), to remotely distribute and install the Cisco Unified Presenter Add-In.
By default, the system prompts end users to download and install the Cisco Unified Presenter Add-In the first time that they try to share content during a meeting. However, to simplify the process for end users, you can silently install the Cisco Unified Presenter Add-In onto their computers by using the following switches:
- SILENT - Does not display the wizard or the background window but does display the installation progress window.
- VERYSILENT - Does not display the wizard window, the background window, or the installation progress window.
Before You Begin
Ensure that all end users have installed the Adobe Flash Player.
Cisco Systems does not provide technical support for automated distribution tools.
- Download the Cisco Unified Presenter Add-In file called Setup.exe from the home page of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server.
- Upload the Cisco Unified Presenter Add-In file to your corporate distribution software site.
- Run the executable by entering setup.exe /silent
- To test the switch, do the following:
- Click Start > Run, and enter <path_to_setup.exe> /silent.
- Verify that no user prompts appear on the end user machine.