Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.1 -- Installation Tasks
The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server must be installed before any other gateway, integration applications, or components are installed.
The following tasks are required to install the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server system:
- Check rack space. Confirm that space is available for installing the server. Confirm that environmental requirements are met before the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 series server arrives. See the System Requirements.
- Take delivery of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 series server. Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 series server arrives in specialized shipping boxes. Store them in the room in which the system will be installed until they can be unpacked.
- Unpack the system. Uncrate equipment, and check for damage.
- Rack mount the server. Install the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 series server. See Installing the Audio Server hardware.
- Connect the system. Cable the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 series server to the phone system and the LAN. Plug in the platform, and power it on. See Installing the Audio Server hardware.
- Enter hardware configuration. Use the telephony worksheets to configure the trunks. See Telephony and LAN Planning.
- Test trunk connections. Test the trunks for proper operation. Confirm that the phone connection is working properly. See Configuring the Audio Server.
- Install modem line. Connect the modem line to the platform, and test it. See Configuring the Audio Server.
- Review equipment and connectivity. Familiarize yourself with the equipment and how everything is connected. See Configuring the Audio Server.
- Load MeetingTime system management software onto a LAN server or an individual workstation. See Installing or Upgrading to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace MeetingTime Release 6.1 .
- Begin populating database. Review information on the worksheets, and enter the system configuration and company-specific information. Enter your user profile. See Database Planning Worksheets.
- Verify the installation. Call the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 series server and schedule a meeting. Then attend it.
- Test alarm outdial. Generate an alarm condition on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8100 series server to verify alarm outdial. See About Alarms.
- Create additional user profiles. Enter the remaining user profile information. If you created an import file, load it. See Importing User Profile and Group Information.
- Schedule training for end users, delegates (contacts), and attendants. See Introducing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace to Your Organization.
- Schedule follow-up calls. Hold one or more conference calls to get answers to questions that you may have after you use the system more extensively. See Introducing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace to Your Organization.