Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Release 2.x -- Integrating With a Call-Control Device Through a Gatekeeper
About Integrating With a Call-Control Device Through a Gatekeeper
This topic describes the preferred method of integrating Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express with a call-control device in an H.323 environment. This method involves using an external gatekeeper device to perform call admission control, bandwidth allocation, and dial pattern resolution, and to maintain a registry of devices in the multimedia network.
If you have a cluster of call-control devices that provide call-processing redundancy, a gatekeeper enables Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express to complete dialed-out calls even if the primary call-control device goes down.
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express supports integration with the following call-control devices through a gatekeeper:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Cisco IOS software voice-enabled router
Prerequisites for Integrating With a Call-Control Device Through a Gatekeeper
- The gatekeeper must be a Cisco router with Cisco IOS software that supports the Gatekeeper or Multimedia Conference Manager feature.
- Verify that your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express and call-control device versions are compatible. See the Release Notes for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Release 2.0 or the Release Notes for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Release 2.1 here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6533/prod_release_notes_list.html.
- Verify that the Cisco Unified IP Phones are properly connected and added to the database of your call-control device.
- Verify that you can place and receive internal and external calls on the Cisco Unified IP Phones.