Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Release 2.x -- Installing the Exchange SSL Certificate onto the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Server
If the Microsoft Outlook server that you integrate with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express is enabled with SSL, you need to install the SSL certificate from the Microsoft Outlook server onto the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express system.
- Export the SSL certificate from the Microsoft Exchange server by following these steps:
- From your Microsoft Windows system, go to the Microsoft IIS Manager.
- Go to the entry called Web Site and highlight the entry called Default Web Site.
- Note: Default Web Site is the generic name; it may have a different name on your system.
- Right click the Default Web Site entry to display the Properties dialog box.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Click View Certificate.
- Click the Details tab.
- Click Copy to File. The system starts the certificate wizard.
- Select No, do not export the private key and click Next.
- Select DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER) and click Next.
- Click Browse to choose a location to save the certificate. Enter a name and click Save.
- Go to the console and log in as the user called root.
- Copy the certificate to $MP_ROOT/<certificate file name>.cer where <certificate file name> is the file name of the file you saved in Step 1j.
- Move to the security directory by entering:
- cd $MP_ROOT/jre/jre/lib/security
- Use the JDK keytool to install the certificate by entering the following:
- Restart the system by entering:
- mpx_sys restart
- Log out of the console.
- Log in to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express and click Administration.
- Click System Configuration > E-Mail Service Administration > Exchange Server Configuration.
- Set the SSL enabled field to true.
- Click Test to test that it works.
What to Do Next
- Proceed to one of the following sections:
- If you want to install the client installation file locally on the client PC, see the Installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Plug-In for Microsoft Outlook Locally on the End-User PC.
- If you want to use an automated distribution system to remotely distribute and install the client installation file, see the Installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Plug-In for Microsoft Outlook By Using an Automated Distribution Tool.