Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Release 2.x -- Installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Plug-In for Microsoft Outlook Locally on the End-User PC
Before You Begin
- Configure the client installation file. See the Configuring the Client Installation File for the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Plug-In for Microsoft Outlook.
- Make sure that the "Download Outlook Plug-In" link is available from the End-User Interface. See the Showing or Hiding the Download Outlook Plug-In Link in the End-User Interface.
- Log in to the end-user PC with administrator access.
- Point a web browser to the URL for your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express server.
- Click the Download Outlook Plug-In link, which is located at the bottom of the Attend and Schedule Meeting pages in the End-User Interface.
- Click Save.
- After the setup.exe file is downloaded, complete these steps on the client PC:
- Exit the Microsoft Outlook client software.
- Run the setup.exe file.
- To make the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express scheduling form available to any user who logs in to a specific computer (Windows 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP only), use the -admin switch to install the client software.
- Specifically, click Start > Run, then enter <pathname> setup.exe -admin.
- Click OK to install.
- After installation is complete, launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Verify that you can schedule meetings by clicking the MeetingPlace tab and filling out the scheduling form.
- For details, click Help in the scheduling form or see the User Guide for Microsoft Outlook Operating with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Release 2.x.