Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Release 2.x -- Installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Plug-In for Microsoft Outlook By Using an Automated Distribution Tool
This section describes how to use an automated distribution system, such as the Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), to remotely distribute and install the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.
You can install the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express plug-in for Microsoft Outlook using either or both of the following switches:
- Silent-Suppresses the need for user input.
- Admin-Installs the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express plug-in for Microsoft Outlook for access by all users of a computer.
Before You Begin
- Create the client installation file. See Configuring the Client Installation File for the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Plug-In for Microsoft Outlook.
- If you want to restrict end users from downloading and installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Extension for Microsoft Outlook themselves, hide the "Download Outlook Plug-In" link in the End-User Interface. See Showing or Hiding the Download Outlook Plug-In Link in the End-User Interface.
- Cisco Systems does not provide technical support for automated distribution tools.
- (Optional) Test that the installation switches work correctly by completing these steps from a client PC:
- Choose Start > Run and enter: <path to setup.exe>/admin /silent.
- Verify that no user prompts appear on the end user machine.
- Verify that the following server information exists in the registry:
- HKCU\software\Latitude\MeetingPlace for Outlook
- HKU\.default\software\Latitude\MeetingPlace for Outlook (admin)
- Use an automated distribution took to distribute and install the setup.exe file on end-user PCs.
- Refer to the documentation for your specific automated distribution tool.
- Instruct the end user to verify successful installation by completing these steps on the end-user PC:
- Restart or launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Open the calendar.
- Verify that the MeetingPlace tab works.
- Remind end users that they can click Help in the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express scheduling form, or they can see the User Guide for Microsoft Outlook Operating with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Release 2.x.