Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Release 2.x -- How to Configure Meeting Phone Numbers and Notification Labels
You can configure up to four phone numbers and descriptive labels for users to dial in to voice and video meetings. These phone numbers and labels appear in the following places:
- E-mail notifications
- End-User Interface
- Telephone pop-up notification box in the full web meeting room
- Cisco Unified IP Phone screens (only when subscribed to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Phone View)
About the Character Limitation of the Telephone Pop-Up Notification Box in the Full Web Meeting Room
The telephone pop-up notification box in the full web meeting room can display only a limited number of characters. Because this limitation applies to all characters, including the meeting ID, HMTL tags, spaces, and punctuation, the number of label characters that get displayed may vary for each meeting.
We recommend that you minimize the number of characters entered in the label fields to avoid the character limitation. If you exceed the maximum number of characters, the information displayed in the telephone pop-up notification box is automatically modified in the following ways, in the presented order, until the number of characters falls below the maximum:
- The headings in the pop-up notification box are deleted, for example "Dial in from your phone."
- Bold characters are changed to normal characters.
- The text in the Label for access phone number 3 field is changed to "Or: ".
- The text in the Label for access phone number 4 field is changed to "Or: ".
To verify that the phone numbers and labels correctly appear in the telephone pop-up notification box in the full web meeting room, take the following actions:
- Schedule a web and voice meeting using a 17-digit meeting ID (maximum allowed).
- Join the full web meeting.
- In the top right corner of the full web meeting room, roll your mouse pointer over the telephone icon to display the pop-up notification box content.
If you are not satisfied with the appearance of the meeting phone numbers and notification labels, reduce the number of characters in the notification labels.
Configuring Meeting Phone Numbers and Notification Labels
Before You Begin
- Read the About the Character Limitation of the Telephone Pop-Up Notification Box in the Full Web Meeting Room.
- Log in to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express and click Administration.
- Click System Configuration > Usage Configuration.
- Configure the following fields:
- Click Save.
- Restart the system by entering sudo mpx_sys restart in the CLI.