Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Release 2.x -- Configuring Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express User Profile Preferences for Notifications
When Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express is integrated with Microsoft Outlook, you can configure the user profile field called E-mail type to determine which type of notification is sent to each user.
For meetings that are scheduled from the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express End-User Interface, notifications may be sent as either of the following:
- SMTP e-mail notification from the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express server
- Microsoft Outlook notification from the Microsoft Exchange Server
For meetings that are scheduled from the Microsoft Outlook calendar:
- Invitees always receive Microsoft Outlook notifications.
- Microsoft Outlook sends a single notification to all invitees in the Language specified in the meeting scheduler's Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express user profile.
Both SMTP e-mail and Microsoft Outlook notifications use the e-mail notification templates in Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express and provide relevant meeting information and click-to-attend links. Microsoft Outlook notifications provide the following additional benefits:
- Microsoft Outlook notifications can immediately update each invitee's Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- The meeting scheduler receives Microsoft Outlook replies that indicate which attendees accepted or declined the invitation.
Before You Begin
- If you plan to use Microsoft Outlook Calendar notifications, complete the task described in the Configuring the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express Connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Log in to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express and click Administration.
- Click User Configuration.
- To configure a user group, click User Group Management. To configure an individual user profile, click User Profile Management.
- To configure an existing user group or user profile, click Edit. To configure a new user group or user profile, click Add New.
- Configure the E-mail type field.
- Click Save.
- Repeat Step 2 through Step 6 for all user groups and user profiles that you want to configure.