Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- When to Change the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server Connection
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
Cisco Unified MeetingPlace gateway units (computers that have Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing or other Cisco Unified MeetingPlace applications installed) are configured to point to a particular Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server.
Once a unit is attached to an Application Server, you should only detach it for the following reasons:
- You are replacing an old unit with a new unit.
- In this case, detach the old unit from the Application Server to decommission it.
- You are replacing the Application Server with a brand new computer but the new Application Server uses the same database from the old server.
- You are replacing the Application Server with a brand new computer and the new Application Server uses a brand new database.
- You are testing the unit in a lab against a lab Application Server.
- When the unit is ready to be put into production, detach it from the lab Application Server and re-attach it to a production Application Server.