Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- User Does Not Receive E-Mail Notifications
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Troubleshooting
Problem: User does not receive e-mail notifications.
Solution: Check and correct the configuration:
- Check and correct the e-mail address in the user profile.
- If the user does not have a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace user profile, make sure that the meeting scheduler entered the correct e-mail address for the user while scheduling the meeting.
- Check and correct the e-mail type and format in the user profile:
- If the user does not have a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace user profile, check and correct the e-mail type and format in the guest profile.
- Verify that the system is configured to support the selected e-mail type and format.
- For example, if an SMTP option is selected, make sure that the SMTP Server Configuration Page is properly configured.
- Verify that the e-mail server (for example, SMTP server or Microsoft Exchange Server) is up and running.
- (Microsoft Outlook integration only) Verify that the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace mailbox account on the Microsoft Exchange Server can send and receive e-mail messages.
Solution: Check the logs.
- On a Release 7.0.2 system, check for any exceptions in the logs at /var/mp/web/rcms.out.
- On a Release 7.0.1 system:
- For SMTP e-mail notifications, check for any exceptions in the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server logs at opt/cisco/meetingplace/web/logs/rcms.out.
- For Microsoft Outlook notifications, check for errors in the eventlog on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlaceWeb Server.