Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Prerequisites for Installing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for IBM Lotus Sametime Web Conference Integration
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Integrating with IBM Lotus Sametime Web Conference
- Before installing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for IBM Lotus Sametime Web Conference, read System Requirements.
A limited number of IBM Lotus Sametime server operating systems are supported in this integration.
- Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0.2 is the minimum release for this integration.
- For the integration with IBM Lotus Sametime Web Conference, license keys are not required on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Applications Server.
- A Cisco Unified MeetingPlace internal web server is required for customers who want both IBM Lotus Sametime Web integration and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for IBM Lotus Notes calendar integration. Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for IBM Lotus Notes is a separate calendar integration option and requires a license key.
- A Cisco Unified MeetingPlace internal web server is required if audio-only recording access is needed for playback.
Restrictions for Integrating Cisco Unified MeetingPlace with IBM Lotus Sametime Web Conference
- Up to 100 simultaneous audio and web users can use Cisco Unified MeetingPlace with IBM Lotus Sametime Web Conference.
- Do not use MeetingPlace Conference Manager to reschedule or cancel a meeting that was scheduled from IBM Lotus Sametime Web. Doing so would affect only the audio portion of the meeting.
- Clustered IBM Lotus Sametime web conferencing server deployments are not supported. Make sure to deploy the server within the intranet.
- A Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server is required to record the audio portion of the meeting. If you do not have a Web Server, disable recording privileges for all users by changing the Can Record Meetings setting to No in the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Administration Center (User Configuration > User Groups > Edit User Groups, Permissions section).
- IBM Lotus Sametime Web Conferencing recordings and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace voice recordings are not synchronized or combined, but you can record both the audio and the web portions of the meeting if you configure the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system to support recordings. You do not need any additional webconf licenses. Make sure that you have the appropriate number of voiceconf licenses because the system uses voice ports when recording an audio meeting. For details about configuring recordings, see the Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace.
- Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for IBM Lotus Notes calendar integration enables users to launch a IBM Lotus Sametime Web conference. However, integrated audio controls are not available in this integration because of an IBM Lotus Notes limitation.
- When the audio meeting on Cisco Unified MeetingPlace ends, it does not cause the corresponding meeting to end on the IBM Lotus Sametime Web Conference server.
- The maximum number of days to schedule a meeting in advance is not limited by IBM Lotus Sametime. However, Cisco Unified MeetingPlace limits this setting to 729 days. You must configure the settings to the same value on both servers. Set it first on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server and then edit the notes.ini file on the IBM Lotus Sametime server. For details, see the Synchronizing the Early Meeting Start and the Maximum Advance Days to Schedule Settings.
- Because of a limitation in the Sametime API, Sametime web meetings that include Cisco Unified MeetingPlace voice services are able to enforce the password only for web conference participants.
- If you schedule a meeting with a password, the password is applied to the IBM Lotus Sametime meeting only. The Cisco Unified MeetingPlace audio meeting is not password protected.