Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Prerequisites for Application Server Failover
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
- Learn about failover deployment options in Planning for Redundancy for the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 System.
- Install Cisco Unified MeetingPlace as described in Installing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0.
- Determine the hostname, IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway for each of the following:
- Node 1 eth0 and Node 2 eth0 -- Shared hostname and IP address, for example: meetings.example.com, 10.0.0.1
- Node 1 eth0:0 -- Unique hostname and IP address, for example: meetings1.example.com, 10.0.0.2
- Node 2 eth0:0 -- Unique hostname and IP address, for example: meetings2.example.com, 10.0.0.3
- Configure the Domain Name System (DNS) server for forward and reverse DNS lookup of all three hostname-IP address pairs. Verify by running the nslookup hostname and nslookup ip-address commands.
- Whether you configure Application Server failover before or after you install any Web Server(s) and your call-control devices (such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager), make sure that these devices identify the active Application Server by using the shared hostname and IP address of eth0.