Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Limiting the Number of Attempted Dial-Out Calls From Voice Meetings
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
To prevent toll fraud, you can specify the maximum number of dial-out calls that each user can try to make from within a meeting.
This procedure affects only the dial-out calls that the user attempts by pressing #31 from the telephone user interface (TUI). You cannot limit the number of dial-out calls that are attempted from the web meeting room.
- Log in to the Administration Center.
- Click User Configuration.
- To restrict dial-out privileges for specific user groups, click User Groups. To restrict dial-out privileges for specific user profiles, click User Profiles.
- Select a user group or user profile and click Edit in the same row.
- Configure the Maximum TUI outdial attempts per meeting field.
- We recommend restricting the dial-out attempts to as low a number as possible while accommodating the dial-out needs of your users.
- Click Save.