Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- How to Resolve Problems with the Telephony (TSP) Connection
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Troubleshooting
Checking the Telephony (TSP) Connection Status
- Log in to the Administration Center.
- Check that the Cisco WebEx Adapter is running.
- Click Services > System Status.
- Click View Status.
- See if the following text appears in the output:
- MeetingPlace CiscoWebEx Adaptor is running...
- If the system status output does not include the previous text, then restart the Cisco WebEx Adapter.
- Caution! Completing these steps will cause the system to drop all Cisco WebEx meetings that are in session.
- Log in to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Administration Center.
- Click System Configuration > Cisco WebEx Configuration > Cisco WebEx Site and Server.
- Click Restart Cisco WebEx Adapter.
- View the system log messages regarding the Cisco WebEx telephony (TSP) connection.
- Click Services > Logs > View System Logs.
- Set the fields as follows:
- Severity level -- information
- Start date and End date -- Include the day when the issue occurred, and check the check boxes.
- Module -- 0, and check the check box.
- Unit -- 0, and check the check box.
- Click View Logs.
- Check the output for messages indicating that the connections to primary, secondary, or both TSP servers were established or lost.
Cisco WebEx Telephony (TSP) Connection is Down
Problem: Cisco WebEx telephony connection is down. To verify, check the telephony status.
Possible Cause: The telephony connection is lost because the time difference between the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace and Cisco WebEx is greater than three minutes.
Solution: Make sure that you configure the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server to use Network Time Protocol (NTP). You typically configure NTP during the installation of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace. After installation, you can use the net command to configure NTP.
Solution: As a temporary workaround, you can use the date command to manually set the time of the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server to match the Cisco WebEx authentication server time.
Possible Cause: The Cisco WebEx certificate expired, or a new certificate was created but not yet uploaded.
Solution: Create and upload a new Cisco WebEx certificate.
Possible Cause: The Cisco WebEx TSP adapter hostname was not configured to match the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server hostname.
Solution: Ask your Cisco WebEx administrator to verify the Cisco WebEx TSP adapter hostname configuration.