Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- How to Configure MeetingPlace Authentication
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
Authenticating users against the profile database on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server is the default user authentication option. You have two options when configuring this type of authentication:
- Logging in with an HTML-based web page form. This is the default option.
- Logging in against a login window rendered by your web browser.
Regardless of the login page users see, user IDs and passwords are sent to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server for authentication. Both profiles and user passwords must match. Profiles are not case-sensitive.
Configuring MeetingPlace Authentication
Before You Begin
- Sign in to the end-user web interface.
- Click Admin.
- Click Web Server.
- Click the name of the Web Server that you want to configure in the "View" section of the page.
- Scroll to the Web Authentication section.
- Select MeetingPlace for "Step 1: Directory".
- Select one of the following options for "Step 2: Login Method":
- Select Web Page Form to see an HTML-based Cisco Unified MeetingPlace login window. This is the default authentication method.
- Select' 'HTTP Basic Authentication to see a login window rendered by your web browser.
- Click Submit and wait five minutes for the new configuration to take effect.
What to Do Next
(Optional) Proceed to Verifying the MeetingPlace Authentication Configuration by Using the HTTP Form.
Verifying the MeetingPlace Authentication Configuration by Using the HTTP Form
Use a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace end-user profile when completing this procedure.
Before You Begin
Complete Configuring MeetingPlace Authentication.
- Open a web browser and navigate to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace.
- Verify the following end-user behaviors:
- When you access the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace home page, you see an Enter Network Password window.
- After you enter your end-user Cisco Unified MeetingPlace user ID and password, you are authenticated to the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server.
- The Welcome page displays your name in firstname, lastname order.
- Sign In and Sign Out links do not display.