Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Changing the Time Zone
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Configuration
If the Windows time zone does not match the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Server time zone, you must correct this discrepancy. The time zones may not match because you forgot to set the correct Windows time zone before installing Web Conferencing or because you have to relocate your Web Server from one time zone to another and you need to change the Windows time zone as part of this relocation.
To determine whether the time zones match, open the Web Conferencing log, called GWSIM_eventlog_XXX.txt, and search for the string "time zone".
If the time zones are the same, you will see a message similar to this:
Information: CompareTimeZone: Time Zones are the same between Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing and Breeze. Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing: (GMT-08) Pacific Standard Time and Breeze: (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US)
If the time zones are not the same, the system logs an error and you see a message similar to this:
MasterSvc Error: **** Time Zones are NOT matching between Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing and Breeze. Time Zone Offset-- Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing: GMT:+01 Breeze: GMT:-08
To change the time zone, follow these instructions.
- Stop the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing master service on all Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Servers that use the same database.
- Open the SQL Server Query Analyzer on the computer where the Web Conferencing SQL database is located by following these steps:
- Click Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Query Analyzer.
- In the SQL Server field, select (local).
- Select SQL Server authentication.
- Enter the login name of "sa" and the password.
- Click OK.
- Click Query > Change Database.
- Highlight the name of the slave database (such as MPWEB_XXXX_XXXX), and click OK.
- Enter the following SQL string:
- select * from PPS_ENUM_TIME_ZONES
- Click Execute Query.
- Look through the time zone records and find your time zone ID from the TIME_ZONE_ID field.
- Clear the command window by entering:
- UPDATE PPS_ACL_PREFERENCES SET TIME_ZONE_ID = < local_machine_timezone_id >
- where <local_machine>timezone_id> is the time zone ID of the local machine.
- Click Execute Query.
- Start the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing service on all Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Servers.