Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Before You Begin Installing your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 System
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
Up one level: Planning Your Deployment
Before you can start installing your new system, you need to answer the following questions:
- How many users will your system serve?
- Will your system host voice meetings, video meetings, web meetings, or a combination?
- For voice deployments, are you using a hosted (Cisco Managed Services) system?
- For web deployments, will you use Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web, Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, or a combination?
- For video deployments, which type of video endpoints do you use?
- Which e-mail system will you use for meeting notifications (if any)?
- Which instant messaging system will you use (if any)?
- Are you re-using any components from a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 6.0 system?
Answering those questions will determine the following:
- The type of hardware servers you need. For example, should you use a Cisco MCS 7845 or Cisco MCS 7835? Should you use a Cisco 3545 Media Server or Cisco 3515 Media Server?
- How many of each hardware server you need
- If you need to purchase additional licenses
- Which software components to install
- Which integrations to install
- If you need to configure your system for redundancy
- If you need to configure your system for RSNA
- If you need to configure your system for users or if they will be imported from a Unified Communications Manager