Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0 -- Adding an Audio Blade for Redundant Systems
Main page: Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 7.0
If your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system is configured for redundancy (it has primary and failover Application Servers that share a common set of Audio Blades and Video Blades), you must add all the Audio Blades to both the primary and failover Application Servers.
You must use the same passwords and SNMP community names for both systems; otherwise, the failover process does not work.
Before You Begin
- Install two Application Servers. Installing the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Application Server
- Set one as the primary Application Server and the other as the failover Application Server. See How to Set Up a System for Failover (Optional).
- Ensure that the primary Application Server is active.
- Add all of the Audio Blades purchased to the primary Application Server. See Adding an Audio Blade to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace.
- Shut down the primary Application Server.
- Set the failover Application Server to active.
- Add all Audio Blades purchased to the failover Application Server.
- Shut down the failover Application Server.
- Set the primary Application Server to active.
- The "Configuring Application Server Failover" module of the Configuration Guide for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Release 7.0 or the online help in the administrator interface.