Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 6.x -- Problems When Using WebEx
- User Cannot Dial Out from the WebEx Meeting Room
- Extra Meeting Notifications
- "Error Scheduling Meeting" When Trying to Attend Meeting
- Phone Control Features Do Not Work
- Recording Problems
- Other Problems
User Cannot Dial Out from the Cisco WebEx Meeting Room
Problem: User cannot dial out from the Cisco WebEx meeting room as a host, but can dial out as a guest.
Solution: All of the following must be checked in the Cisco WebEx account for that user:
- Call-in teleconferencing
- Call-back teleconferencing
- Global call-back teleconferencing
- Other teleconference service
Also, make sure the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace profile settings of the user allow outdial.
Problem: User has a phone number in his profile, but the number is not available in the Cisco WebEx meeting room in the Join Teleconference dialog box.
Solution: In the Cisco WebEx Site Administration interface, on the Site Setting page: Check the "Allow user to store personal information for joining meetings and call-back teleconference" check box.
Extra Meeting Notifications
Problem: User is getting extra email notification from WebEx after scheduling meeting, when trying to attend the meeting on WebEx.
Solution: In the Cisco WebEx Site Administration interface, on the Site Setting page, Meeting email reminders must be Off.
"Error Scheduling Meeting" When Trying to Attend Meeting
Problem: User attempting to join a meeting receives the message: "Error scheduling meeting"
Solution: In the Cisco WebEx Site Administration interface, on the Site Setting page:
- The setting for All meetings must have a password should match the equivalent setting in Cisco Unified MeetingPlace.
- Uncheck Require strict passwords for meetings.
Phone Control Features Do Not Work
Problem: Telephone control features such as mute, unmute, expel, and lock meeting do not work from the Cisco WebEx meeting room.
Solution: Check in MeetingTime to make sure the Technician user profile is not locked or set to inactive.