Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 6.x -- Preinstallation Tasks: Web Conferencing in an SMA-2S Configuration
Note: If you are installing either an internal cluster or external cluster as part of your SMA-2S deployment, see Installing Web Conferencing in a Load Balancing Configuration and follow the follow the preinstallation, installation, and post-installation tasks on that page rather than the tasks on this page.
Before attempting to install Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing, refer to the System Requirements for updated system requirements.
After reviewing system requirements, complete the following preinstallation tasks:
- Install and configure the Audio Server, which will be used by both the internal and external servers. See Installing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server.
- Determine the licenses needed for Web Conferencing. See Planning Web Conferencing License Usage.
- Determine the SQL Server instances that the internal and external Web Conferencing servers will be using. SQL Server can be installed locally on the web server or remotely on a separate, dedicated SQL server; however, the internal and external Web Conferencing servers must use separate SQL Server instances.
For the internal server, complete the following tasks:
- If you will be using a remote SQL Server instance for the internal server, install it. See the Installing SQL Server on a Remote Server section.
- Gather the values needed for the installation of the internal server. This must be a Cisco MCS inside your private corporate network. See Gathering Web Conferencing Installation Values
For the external server, complete the following tasks:
- If you will be using a remote SQL Server instance for the external server, install it. See Installing SQL Server on a Remote Server.
- Gather the values needed for the installation of the external server. This must be a Cisco MCS in a network segment, such as a DMZ. See Gathering Web Conferencing Installation Values.