Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 6.x -- About MeetingPlace Authentication
Authenticating users against the profile database on the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server system is the default user authentication option. You have two options when configuring this type of authentication:
- Logging in with an HTML-based web page form. This is the default option.
- Logging in against a login window rendered by your web browser.
Regardless of the login page users see, user IDs and passwords are sent to the Audio Server system for authentication. Both profiles and user passwords must match. Profiles are case-sensitive.
See the following procedures:
- To Configure MeetingPlace Authentication
- To Verify the MeetingPlace Authentication Configuration by Using the HTTP Form
To Configure MeetingPlace Authentication
If you are also using Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Outlook, complete the Allowing Cisco Unified MeetingPlace for Outlook Authentication before doing this procedure.
- Sign in to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing.
- From the Welcome page, click Admin , then click Web Server .
- From the "View" section of the page, click the name of the web server that you want to configure.
- Scroll to the Web Authentication section.
- For "Step 1: Directory," choose MeetingPlace .
- For "Step 2: Login Method," choose one of the following options:
- To see an HTML-based Cisco Unified MeetingPlace login window, choose Web Page Form . This is the default authentication method.
- To see a login window rendered by your web browser, choose HTTP Basic Authentication .
- Note: If you choose HTTP Basic Authentication, users cannot log in to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace as guests.
- Click Submit and wait five minutes for the new configuration to take effect.
- (Optional) If you chose HTTP Basic Authentication, continue with the To Verify the MeetingPlace Authentication Configuration by Using the HTTP Form.
To Verify the MeetingPlace Authentication Configuration by Using the HTTP Form
Use a Cisco Unified MeetingPlace end user profile when completing this procedure.
- Open a web browser and navigate to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Web Conferencing.
- Verify the following end-user behaviors:
- When you access the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace home page, you see an Enter Network Password window.
- After you enter your end-user Cisco Unified MeetingPlace user ID and password, you are authenticated to the Audio Server.
- The Welcome page displays your name in firstname, lastname order.
- Sign In and Sign Out links do not display.