Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, Release 6.x -- About CLI Commands
About Telnet Sessions
Telnet sessions usually close after a given period of time. However, if you do not exit some commands completely, the Telnet session may remain up indefinitely.
Certain commands use cursor positioning when running in continuous-display refresh mode. The most common of these commands (with their display refresh options) are:
- spanstat -all
- spanstat -a
- tvportstat -all
Unfortunately, these cursor-positioning commands do not always work with some ssh clients. If the command does not work with your ssh client, use the following instead:
- spanstat instead of spanstat -all
- spanstat instead of spanstat-a
- tvportstat low_port_number high_port_number instead of tvportstat -all
About the CLI Password and the Password Utility
- This section only applies to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server Release 6.0(3.5).
- The password utility patch is a separate patch that does not ship automatically with the Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Audio Server.
Added a utility that allows you to enhance the restrictions for the password used by the system administrator to access the CLI. The password utility is configurable so that you can turn functionality on or off.
Note the following restrictions:
- The CLI password cannot be changed more than once every 24 hours. The only exception is the first time that the password is changed after the system is installed.
- The new CLI password cannot match any of the previous ten CLI passwords.
- The new CLI password must contain two uppercase letters, two lowercase letters, two numbers, and two special characters.
- The CLI password must be eight characters.