Recording configuration in Unified CCX may not be done or present
The Cisco Unified CCX Administration > System > Recording Configuration is required for the recording tagging feature to work.
The Cisco Unified CCX configuration REST API:
For more information, see:
- 'Recording Configuration' in the Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide.
- 'RecordingConfiguration API' in the Cisco Developer Network and the Cisco Unified CCX Developer Guide (API.)
DNS FQDN name resolution between the Unified CCX servers and the Cisco MediaSense servers is incorrect
From the network configuration, check that the Cisco MediaSense nodes are reachable from the Unified CCX nodes through FQDN. Check if the Cisco MediaSense nodes fully qualified hostnames are successfully resolved by the Unified CCX servers into IP addresses and are reachable.
User credentials of an invalid Cisco MediaSense API user is used for recording configuration
Provide a Cisco Unified Communications Manager end user who is configured in Cisco MediaSense (through the Cisco MediaSense administration web interface) as a Cisco MediaSense API user.
The Cisco MediaSense self-signed certificates are not being loaded into the Unified CCX platform tomcat-trust store properly
- Download the Cisco MediaSense self-signed certificate (tomcat.pem) from its OS administration interface.
- Upload the self-signed certificate into the platform tomcat trust store (tomcat-trust) of each of the Unified CCX nodes through the OS administration interface.
This action is required to establish secure SSL-based communication between Unified CCX and Cisco MediaSense.
For more information, see 'Upload Cisco MediaSense certificate into Unified CCX Server' in the Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide for Release 10.0.
Unknown runtime issues
Check the Cisco Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) associated with Unified CCX for the following:
- Alarms indicating that the associated Cisco MediaSense nodes are not reachable or down. In this case, bring up the Cisco MediaSense nodes and then update the recording configuration again from Unified CCX and resume recording.
- Syslog alerts indicating that the tagging operation for a particular recording failed due to runtime issues. This syslog alert contains the Cisco MediaSense session ID and the calculated tags of the recording for which the tagging failed.