|Attention: DocWiki has reached EOL and will be decommissioned January 25, 2019.|
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuration
This topic provides a reference configuration for Cisco Unified Communications Manager within a Cisco Unified Communications deployment. The information is based primarily on testing performed during Cisco Unified Communications Release 7.0(1) system testing. This topic does not contain detailed step-by-step procedures; instead, for or detailed information about installing, configuring, and administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager, refer to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager documentation listed in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Related Documentation .
For related information about Unified Communications Manager, see the documents listed in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Related Documentation .
| : Cisco Unified Communications Manager Related Documentation
|Detailed information about installing, configuring, and administering Cisco Unified Communications Manager||See the Cisco Unified Communications Manager documentation available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/tsd_products_support_series_home.html|
|Cisco Unified Communications SRND Based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.x||http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html|
|Installing Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1)||http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guides_list.html|
|Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, Release 7.0(1)||http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html|
During Cisco Unified Communications Release 7.0(1) testing, this component was installed and tested in the following site models:
- SJC-RFD, SFO-ORD, DFW and AZO for load testing
- ABI and BWI for features and functionality
For more information on these site models, see Tested Deployments and Site Models.
Focus of System Testing
The system-wide testing of IP telephony for Cisco Unified Communications Release 7.0(1) focused on the following Unified Communications Manager features:
- Support Network Virtualization-TRP
- Support for G.729 on SIP trunk
- Support SRTP over SIP Trunk
- Intelligent bridge selection.
- Loop prevention and breakout
- Local Route Group (LRG) and transformation
- SIP Conference Chaining
- SIP Secured Single Button cBarge
- T.38 Fax Relay
- Audio notification of message waiting
- Do Not Disturb (DND)
- SIP phone support of IPMA
- Conference Chaining
- SIP feature parity to SCCP
- Database Resiliency Enhancements
- Integration with Cisco Unity, Unity Connection
- Users Options—Call Forward All, Call Forward Busy, Call Forward No Answer, and Call Forward No Coverage.
- Join Across Lines Policy
- Single Button Barge/CBarge
- Intercom for Cisco Extension Mobility
- SIP Trunk Identification
- Cisco Unified Personal Communicator Endpoints
For more information on these features, see the [http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_0_1/cucm-rel_note-701.html Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.0(1).