Backing Up and Archiving Data
This topic provides details on backup and restore for Cisco Unified Communications components. First and foremost, the backup of Cisco Unified Communications components needs to be incorporated into your corporate-wide backup operations. It is an important aspect of disaster recovery and is also essential before doing component upgrades. If you do not have a process in place, you must develop and document a backup and recovery management process. Some items to consider for this process are the following:
- Provide proper storage of operating system and Cisco Unified Communications application CDs.
- Define incremental and full backup methodologies and schedules, assign an owner for each Unified Communications component and database server.
- Define a verification process for backups:
- -Monitor backup logs on a daily basis for errors.
- -Periodically restore backup images to ensure validity.
- Secure onsite and offsite storage of backups.
- Develop well documented processes for system and configuration restoration.
- Ideally, provide central location(s) (for example, SFTP servers) for backup of data from all the Cisco Unified Communications components.
For more information, see Backing Up and Restoring Components