WebEx Node For MCS - Certificate Upgrade
(Created page with "== Introduction == Cisco has determined that patches related to security certificate needs to be installed by MeetingPlace customers running the Cisco WebEx Node for MCS; in or...")
Newer edit →
Revision as of 16:45, 3 May 2013
Cisco has determined that patches related to security certificate needs to be installed by MeetingPlace customers running the Cisco WebEx Node for MCS; in order to ensure secure operation using 2048-bit-certificates between such nodes and the WebEx Node Management System. Failure to install the patch within the timeline outlined below will result in service outage and disruption once the WebEx Node Management System in the Cloud has been upgraded.
Please reference the readme file for each patch for specific install directions and details.
Overview of information regarding the Patch and Certificate Upgrade: *[fixlink Cisco WebEx Customer Care Message]
Determining the Version for WebEx Node for MCS
- Determine WebEx Node for MCS version:
- SSH into the WebEx Node for MCS
- The SSH session will prompt you for a username. The username to MeetingPlace will always be “wbxadmin”
- The password for the wbxadmin account would have been configured at the installation of the system.
- After log in as wbxadmin user on WebEx node, if initial installation was at least 60 days ago, wbxadmin and root user password will expire. Wbxadmin will be prompted to change the password when he logs in after this period, but new, more complex password criteria is enforced.